Septic systems in Central Texas area

/ Septic systems in Central Texas area #1  

gmccall

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota
Can you build an aerobic septic system in the tree area ?

/ Septic systems in Central Texas area #2  
If I understand your question right, the answer in "Yes". My place was pretty clear and open, but my brothers place was so heavily wooded and grown up in vines and such that you could hardly walk through it until we cleared out enough space to build his house, and we both had aerobic systems installed by the same guy.

/ Septic systems in Central Texas area #3  
The State of Texas has changed a lot of rules on septic systems in the past 5 years. Before you spend any money go to your County Court house and apply for a inspection and permit and find out exactly what they require. A fellow neighbor here in Ft. Bend County had a system installed on his own and the State came in and made him dig it all up and start all over. It cost him many thousands extra.

/ Septic systems in Central Texas area #4  
I'm sure much has changed in recent years, but even 17 years ago, we had to have a perc. test, permit from the county, and an inspection by the county sanitary guy (I've forgotten his exact title). So, yes, you definitely need to check with your county. Of course, unless you're actually doing the installation yourself, the person you hire should be familiar with all the requirements. And some of the requirements may be absolutely ridiculous. If a perc test comes back bad, you have to use an aerobic system instead of anaerobic, but if you plan to use the aerobic system to start with . . . well, we still had to pay for the perc test which took the guy at least 2 or 3 minutes. But maybe that was just the county we were in instead of statewide.