Metal building erectors in New England Mass.

/ Metal building erectors in New England Mass. #1  

old gray

Silver Member
Tractor
ls 3039 gear
I have found that there are many places to purchase a Metal Building but I have not found any that Sell and erect a building. Has any one any experience with this in my area, (Ma). There are a few erectors that I know nothing about. I am uncomfortable purchasing a building and then having someone erect it that I don't know. Any input will be appreciated.

/ Metal building erectors in New England Mass. #2  
We used Morton buildings 25 years ago. Still looks like new.
Morton buildings.com

/ Metal building erectors in New England Mass.
We used Morton buildings 25 years ago. Still looks like new.
Morton buildings.com

Thanks Sheldon, I am familiar with Morton Buildings. They have a great reputation. However they are pole buildings with a steel shell. One thing that I consider to be a draw back is the tall trusses and difficult to insulate ceiling. I still may end up going that direction. Thanks for your input.

/ Metal building erectors in New England Mass. #4  
Depending on the size, you might want to look for a general contractor who does mostly industrial work. Here in northern Texas and southern Oklahoma, we erect an average of about 500,000-sqft worth of per-engineered metal buildings per year. Of course, we don't mess with little jobs like residential garages or the like. We have our own erection crews in-house, and that's rare, but any such contractor ought to be able to direct you to a good subcontractor who does it.

Otherwise, ask your area's manufacturer's rep for a couple of names.

xtn

Thank you for the info.

/ Metal building erectors in New England Mass. #9  
I have been searching for a steel truss frame / steel truss roof building similiar to worldwidesteelbuildings. I found a frame only firm on ebay, Perka, they have a new england contact. But no luck contacting them. The steel frame bolts into concrete pilings or sill, the frames reinforce each other by strapping girts across, purlins across roof. They are very flexible in using dimensional 2x lumber, steel framing, steel siding or plywood. At this point, I'll probably sink my money into concrete foundation and just conventional frame myself.

/ Metal building erectors in New England Mass. #10  
i haven't used them , but in Wrentham ma is priggen steel. google search will get the info.