Project work shop...

/ Project work shop... #1  

NewfieDan

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
last fall I found some mold inside the wall of my work shop. This started one my many projects that I am constantly working on. Here a few pics of my wood shop. It is about 75% complete. I still have to finish the upper cabinet on the left back wall. And re-build the table behind the table saw to give me better organization underneath it.After i replaced a portion of one wall I knew that there was more mold in other walls so I called a contractor to build a knee wall under the existing wall to remove the mold and keep water out for good. Almost everything is on wheels so it can be moved. This lets me move small vehicles or the tractor to be put inside so it can be worked on, in close proximity to my tools. The only tools not on wheels are the drill press, the lathe, and the router table. Even the large center workbench and table saw are movable.

Router table and new shop 002.jpg Router table and new shop 001.jpg
before photos

IMG_1302.jpg IMG_1300.jpg
replacement of part of the wall where the worst of the mold was

IMG_1453.jpg IMG_1451.jpg IMG_1452.jpg
current state of the shop as of today (Dec 17)

/ Project work shop... #3  
SWEET! Not much of a woodworker, though I have a few of those tools in smaller versions. I sure could use that much space for a general shop though!!!

/ Project work shop... #4  
Nice cabinets, tell the guy who built them that he does good work. ;) neat too!

Do you get enough light at or above your table saw?

/ Project work shop...
The only spot where lighting is low is just inside the garage door. One area that isn't shown is to the left of the bench grinder. That is a portable welding table. BIL owns a steel company, and he got me a 1/2" thick steel plate and some angle iron. I welded it all together boxed in the bottom with some plywood and made some doors. All of my pneumatic tools and wire feed welder are under there.

The one cabinet at the back one the left that I still have to finish is built with the idea to put reference books in. Each shelf is big enough to hold regular note pads and books. This will hold the manuals for my tractor and tools.

All of the work except for the knee wall I have done myself. Cabinets and doors included.

/ Project work shop... #6  
Looks gooder-un! :thumbsup:

All of my power tools are on castors, including the drill press.
P4130007.JPG

I have an 8' long workbench on a hospital gurney.
P4130005.JPG

/ Project work shop... #7  
The only spot where lighting is low is just inside the garage door. One area that isn't shown is to the left of the bench grinder. That is a portable welding table. BIL owns a steel company, and he got me a 1/2" thick steel plate and some angle iron. I welded it all together boxed in the bottom with some plywood and made some doors. All of my pneumatic tools and wire feed welder are under there. The one cabinet at the back one the left that I still have to finish is built with the idea to put reference books in. Each shelf is big enough to hold regular note pads and books. This will hold the manuals for my tractor and tools. All of the work except for the knee wall I have done myself. Cabinets and doors included.

I assumed you did all the cabinet work and was just joking.... Nice job!

/ Project work shop... #8  
Xfaxman
Is that a Walker Turner drill press?

/ Project work shop...
All of my big tools are General International. Smaller hand tools are a variety of brands depending on how it will be used.

I didn't want the drill press on casters because it is so top heavy. The lathe was left out because of the vibrations when roughing cutting. The only tool I need now is a dust collector. I have two models picked out. Both are more than I need but will let me grow into them as I need to.

/ Project work shop... #10  
Like the out feed table, noticed it is on wheels, is it bolted to the table saw? Been debating on how to do that, trying to come up with an easy way to rip MDF its so bloody heavy.