Our barn restoration project

/ Our barn restoration project #1  

Cord

Veteran Member
Tractor
Resident Architect
I was asked to gather some photos to show at our family Christmas dinner of our barn restoration. I chose to stitch the photos together and thought maybe I'd share our little project with the forum. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/TkoC1aEPxAs

/ Our barn restoration project #2  
What will you use the barn for? The area is beautiful.

/ Our barn restoration project #3  
Thanks, that was a great job and a lot of work. Is the Barn in use now?? Why no slate roof?

/ Our barn restoration project #4  
That is amazing. Love the documented history. Hate seeing old barns falling into disrepair.

/ Our barn restoration project
We use it for storage, rent it out in winter. Most of the farm is now a subdivision so there won't be any animals. Yes, this is one of the prettiest parts of the state.

Slate would be an east coast trademark. Around here the original roof would have been wood shingles. Beside, I doubt the building would have supported the weight of slate. For economy and longevity we went with a metal roof.

/ Our barn restoration project #6  
What a great job you did. How long did it take you to do the project?

/ Our barn restoration project #7  
Stunning! Great job and thanks for posting.

Thanks for the complements guys. The Amish crew lived about 1.5 hours from us. They would use a driver to bring them down on a Monday and then stay until Tuesday. Home Wednesday and back for Thursday and Friday. Doing it this way the job took them 2.5 months. Of course, I'm still doing small projects like lights, water, grading, driveway, etc.

/ Our barn restoration project #9  
Cord, absolutely beautiful job you and the Amish crew did. You should be very proud and thank you for sharing. Hope the dog was ok. Stanley

Hope the dog was ok. Stanley

Only his back legs broke through so he was able to pull himself back up. Tough little guy!