After 5+ years finally started barn

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #11  
Great barn. Now you need more toys. lol.

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #13  
Very nice build! Be sure to keep posting pics, we love pictures.

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #14  
That's a great looking building , very happy for you!!

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #15  
Very impressive. Love the concrete knee walls!!!! Congratulations

Eddie

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #16  
I agree. Very nice looking structure you have there, with some added specials. Good job, and like others, I want to see more pictures of the progress.

/ After 5+ years finally started barn
Thanks guys. Garage doors go on next week so excited to see them. Roof gets finished next week as well then the remaining siding is added. I'll post more pics soon. 2" Battens will be added to boards probably late spring to help seal her up. We also added a house wrap material to help tighten her up further. Hoping this helps to keep out bugs etc. I do have one more question though. We plan to stain the barn "barn red" next summer with white trim. In doing this what is the best stain and do any of them offer protection from insect damage etc?

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #18  
Thanks guys. Garage doors go on next week so excited to see them. Roof gets finished next week as well then the remaining siding is added. I'll post more pics soon. 2" Battens will be added to boards probably late spring to help seal her up. We also added a house wrap material to help tighten her up further. Hoping this helps to keep out bugs etc. I do have one more question though. We plan to stain the barn "barn red" next summer with white trim. In doing this what is the best stain and do any of them offer protection from insect damage etc?

Very nice build! Whereabouts are you located?

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #19  
Yeah Happy that was gonna be question as well?? Would help with advice concerning insects, stains, etc.

/ After 5+ years finally started barn #20  
There are stains, and then there are stains. You get what you pay for with paint and stain. I would only consider an oil based stain and I would only look at the big name companies. I've had good results with Cabot's, but since Lowes quit carrying them, I pretty much just go with Sherwin Williams now. I'm not familiar with any stain that stops bug damage, but then it's never been on my list of things to look into. What kind of damage and bugs are you talking about? Termites will just go around it or under it until they find what they want.

Are you using real wood for the trim? I prefer Hardie, especially if you are going to paint it. If you are going with real wood, be sure to use a top quality primer. There is no such thing as primer being part of the paint. That is just a sales gimmick that means the paint covers better then their lower priced paints. For raw wood, you have to prime. My favorite primer is the Zinsser brand. The 123 is great for most everything. Sherwin Williams also has a very nice primer designed just for raw wood that is very good. I rarely use Kelly Moore, but find it to be pretty good too.

Avoid all the other brands sold at the box stores.

Eddie