How do you light your bonfires?

/ How do you light your bonfires? #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Just intrigued as burning season is getting near. For those of you who can, what is your technique? For me, it consists of a gallon of diesel / old oil mix in a sprayer, a propane weed burner and a leaf blower.

/ How do you light your bonfires? #2  
I just use some diesel sprayed on newspaper or cardboard placed in the bottom/center of the pile as best as possible.

I light with a BBQ stick and it always goes from there with no problems.

MoKelly

/ How do you light your bonfires? #3  
gather up a bunch of dry stuff, or as much as I can find.

Attempt to make a sorta "cave" area on the windward side of the pile big enough to fit some pizza boxes, paperboard etc in. light with a torch stuff dry stuff in around/ontop.

I have been known to get out the leaf blower on occasion but only when the pile was really wet and i was short dry material to start.

/ How do you light your bonfires? #4  
Starting a bonfire is a good time to practice your fire starting skills. Get two sticks and rub them.

I use a propane brush burner to start mine.

/ How do you light your bonfires? #5  
This is the only good use for ethanol gas.

/ How do you light your bonfires? #7  
Just intrigued as burning season is getting near. For those of you who can, what is your technique? For me, it consists of a gallon of diesel / old oil mix in a sprayer, a propane weed burner and a leaf blower.

Diesel is hard to beat, I don't see a down side. Last weekend, in the rain, I lit a very large wet brush pile with a quart of diesel and a BIC lighter.

/ How do you light your bonfires? #8  
LOL ... but, actually, I do use gas. Sometimes I will also presoak with old hydraulic oil or old diesel.

/ How do you light your bonfires? #9  
Diesel fuel and flares.

/ How do you light your bonfires? #10  
Old stale gas mixed with used motor oil and a flaming arrow (w/pine tar)...!