Nothing Lasts Like a Deere

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #1  

PHPaul

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 with cab, Pasquali 986
caseyjayden.jpg

20-odd years ago, when my grandson was just a little shaver, I bought him a Tuff Trax tricycle in John Deere colors. He practically rode the wheels off that thing, and his little brother put many a mile on it after that.

When they outgrew it, it wound up in one of my sheds, forgotten and unloved.

Last Fall, my grandson married a young lady with a 3 year old boy. When I heard of the impending marriage, I dug out that trike, stripped it, repainted it, put fresh decals on it, replaced the wheel bearings front and rear and put a new set of pedals on it.

Two weeks ago, their second son was born and I decided it was time. I crated that thing up and UPS'd it down to them. (Grandson is a Marine stationed at LeJeune)

He send a picture of his older boy riding it, and Mom found a picture of HIM riding it at about the same age. Grandson on the left, Great Grandson on the right.

Warms the cockles of my crotchety old heart to see that trike being loved again.

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #2  
Congratulations. It's all about family. Have them take a better picture so we can admire your restoration work.

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #3  
Great story, thanks for sharing and caring :thumbsup:

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #4  
Their smiles says it all. Good job.

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #5  
Is that what Women call "regifting"?? :D

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #6  
Very nice!

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #8  
Great stuff!! THANKS for sharing!!

/ Nothing Lasts Like a Deere #9  
The boys smiles in the pictures says it all. Nice restoration job PHPaul (Gramps)