Just Bought a 1949 John Deere MC Crawler!

/ Just Bought a 1949 John Deere MC Crawler! #1  
Tractor
Yanmar 336D
So i just bought a 1949 John Deere MC crawler for $1500. It runs really good and works as it should. There are issues but nothing that seems major. I plan to pull the engine and overhaul it. I would love to restore it which i might do while the engines out.

I have some questions though:

Is there an adjustment for the steering clutches?

The machine has a belt driven hydraulic pump but i thought some M tractors and MC crawlers had one driven off trans? I would love to get ride of the monstrosity hanging off the side of the engine and install a factory one if its possible.

The machine has a rear PTO and rear belt drive pulley, the pulley itself has come apart and is no longer usable. Where can i get a replacement? The Drive and all is solid its just the actual paper pulley.

Also does anyone know where to buy grouser bars for it? Its not urgent but if im going to restore it i want new ones as the current ones have a lot of use on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

IMG952376.jpg

/ Just Bought a 1949 John Deere MC Crawler! #2  
I spent a rough week or so operating one of those, pulling a disc, in my hired hand days. It was in rolling hill country, but it would not turn uphill due to poor brakes, no matter how I adjusted them.

Make sure you have good brakes! :)

Bruce

/ Just Bought a 1949 John Deere MC Crawler!
I spent a rough week or so operating one of those, pulling a disc, in my hired hand days. It was in rolling hill country, but it would not turn uphill due to poor brakes, no matter how I adjusted them.

Make sure you have good brakes! :)

Bruce

It has great brakes fortunately! I just pull both sticks back for braking but is the pedal opposite the clutch for actuating both brakes at the same time?

/ Just Bought a 1949 John Deere MC Crawler! #4  
50+ years ago and so many tractors in between, I don't remember. :(

Bruce