Pole Carriage Shed

/ Pole Carriage Shed
Last edited:
   / Pole Carriage Shed
Since I'm a glutton for punishment I moved and built another pole barn. Using the same techniques and couldn't have done it without the tractor!

Barn bones.jpegBarn b.JPGBarn a.JPG

/ Pole Carriage Shed #33  
Looks familiar! I don’t know why but I find it soothing looking at the buildings you built. There’s something about how it used to be done..

/ Pole Carriage Shed #34  
Looks really nice. What's next?

/ Pole Carriage Shed #35  
Nice!

It looks something like the horse barn i build for my father many year ago. Cut the trees and such on his place. Your "shed" is much better looking, I like that you put your post and bottom plate on top of rock, out of the ground. I went back many years later and saw that the barn was still standing, probably because of the dry weather on the east side of the state.

/ Pole Carriage Shed
Next is a shed roof off the right side. I'm going to enclose part of it for tool storage then leave the rest open for the canoe, skis and such. Then after that is a screened in porch. Since that one will be attached to the house I'll use precast footers. I'll keep myself busy and come in to dinner complaining how hard I'm working. Don't want to let on that I'm actually having fun with tractor and chainsaw!