LIFTING TILTED HOUSE

/ LIFTING TILTED HOUSE #11  
Wow! So those steel pipes around the perimeter stay forever? 85 ' ... did you go down to bedrock?

I'm surprised the slab stayed together by just supporting the perimeter.

/ LIFTING TILTED HOUSE
Wow! So those steel pipes around the perimeter stay forever? 85 ' ... did you go down to bedrock?

I'm surprised the slab stayed together by just supporting the perimeter.

The slab was very well built...and it's a uniform lift (they do 10 pumps on the jack 6 guys at a time, working around the house) . There are three supports internal, but they weren't used during the lift. they will get tied into the slab now, during the concrete pour (pressureized concrete pumped from inside).

The whole thing does get monitored during the lift...and at 15" it is quite a lift.

We are very pleased to get that much lift successfully. I bought myself 6" of grade height increase all around which you can tell from the pictures is a bonus. I'm on a flood plain... and have had water within a foot of the front door on one occasion (100year flood my *** lol). cheers,

/ LIFTING TILTED HOUSE #13  
Please post back on your stonework. Very interesting.

/ LIFTING TILTED HOUSE #14  
Nice work, I fully understand the "flood plain" theory. It looks like the "bottom half" is all cement and was poured just slightly below ground, (digging the foundation deeper would have invited too much water).I'm in sort of the same predicament, we have a chalet along the Ottawa river and also on a flood plain, I am in the process of thinking on "lifting the chalet ( it has no foundation) and adding something similar to your "bottom half", just not sure how high to go. It looks like your next step will be to "divert" the water around your newly laid foundation "away" from it. If I were younger, I would tackle this myself but I don't seem to have the energy I use too. Your an inspiration, and i look forward to your finished outcome, again...well done.:thumbsup: