What is your favorite flashlight?

/ What is your favorite flashlight? #61  
Been with me the longest, an old fashion 6 'D' cell Maglite

Christmas present to myself this year: Fenix PD35TAC LED Flashlight - Tactical Edition, arguably the best of its kind currently. 1000 lumens, 5.5" long, 6 modes and uses CR123A batteries. Buy one and it will change your mind about everything you thought you knew about standard flashlights

Another Christmas present to myself this year: resides on my key chain, Thrunight T13, 4 modes, 120 lumens, one AAA battery, 2.75" long. Incredible output from this micro form factor.

Flashlight technology is on the fast track and many are increasing by ~20% year over year.. If you don't have a modern flashlight manufactured in the last 2 years, do your self a favor and study up on them and purchase one, you will absolutely never be sorry.

To compare, my big old LEO 6 'D' cell Maglite is 20" long, weights several pounds and puts out 136 lumens on a good day. The T13 on my key chain puts out almost as much, though it actually seems much brighter.

/ What is your favorite flashlight? #62  
Here is my small collection.
3D Maglight converted to LED
Surefire C2 modded with CREE module
FourSeven Quark Turbo
FourSeven Quark
Streamlight Strion
Streamlight Trident headlamp

The FourSeven lights are my favorites for fit, finish, and features but the Surefire sees the most use

If you enjoy flashlights, be sure to checkout CandlePowerForums

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite flashlight? #63  
My Streamlight Knucklehead arrived. The Li Ion battery is charging up as I type. Can't wait.

The magnet on the side comes with a pinch point warning stuck on it. It does say it holds 135 lbs but I got a chuckle out of it. This crazy world is now such that a magnet has to have a warning sign on it.

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite flashlight? #64  
My Streamlight Knucklehead arrived. The Li Ion battery is charging up as I type. Can't wait.

The magnet on the side comes with a pinch point warning stuck on it. It does say it holds 135 lbs but I got a chuckle out it. This crazy world is now such that a magnet has to have a warning sign on it.

Those Neodymium magnets need a warning label. I have a little bitty one on the refrigerator, You don't want some of your meat accidently under it when sticking on. A friend gave it to me by saying if you can get these two magnets apart you can have one of them. I got them apart, but it wasn't easy. Easily 10 times more powerful than the magnets I grew up with.

/ What is your favorite flashlight? #65  
Those Neodymium magnets need a warning label. I have a little bitty one on the refrigerator, You don't want some of your meat accidently under it when sticking on. A friend gave it to me by saying if you can get these two magnets apart you can have one of them. I got them apart, but it wasn't easy. Easily 10 times more powerful than the magnets I grew up with.

Uh oh. So if I stick it to the hood of my tractor and knuckle head the light to where I want, I'll be leaving it there as an extra headlight.

/ What is your favorite flashlight?
Uh oh. So if I stick it to the hood of my tractor and knuckle head the light to where I want, I'll be leaving it there as an extra headlight.
No, you'll be fine.

/ What is your favorite flashlight? #67  
No, you'll be fine.

Okay. I sure appreciate you starting this thread and mentioning Streamlight. I would not have known of them otherwise. I now have two and very much like their quality. Very good feel, seem solid and the LED light output is great. So much better than my old D cell lights and infinitely better than my Chinese $1 lights. The fact that first responders use the brand says a lot.

/ What is your favorite flashlight? #68  
Here is my small collection.
3D Maglight converted to LED
Surefire C2 modded with CREE module
FourSeven Quark Turbo
FourSeven Quark
Streamlight Strion
Streamlight Trident headlamp

The FourSeven lights are my favorites for fit, finish, and features but the Surefire sees the most use

If you enjoy flashlights, be sure to checkout CandlePowerForums

We have 4 FourSeven flashlights and love them. I originally purchased one of the earlier Quark Pro's (CR12A powered) which stays in my daily carry bag/man purse. I liked it so much that I purchased the AA powered Quark as a house flashlight and got my wife a Prion for her key chain. For giggles we also have one of their discontinued red light emitters floating around here somewhere.

You are right, the quality is absolutely stellar and the prices are very reasonable compared to some of the other offerings in the market. My Quark has been used hard and still looks great and functions perfectly.

/ What is your favorite flashlight? #69  
A word of caution playing with rare earth magnets, get one near your Rolex and it will ruin your entire day. LoL, at least until you can have the watch de-magnetized. ;^}

/ What is your favorite flashlight? #70  
My favorite- by far,

my single AAA Fenix? AAA flashlight 85 lumens.
dropped , washed ,used as a extra light while welding, and years of use and it just keeps impressing.

Whoops this was a gift years ago... IT is Not a Fenix....

It is a Maratac AAA with 115 lumens on high.
the Newer revision 3 is 138 Lumens for a single AAA
the Newest Rev 4 is 145 lumens

and if i need a larger handheld spot light grab the rechargeable $11 HF spot light
a 1/3 the price but it doesn't fit in a pocket.

Last edited: