Glue for electrical pvc conduit

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #11  
Something i've found to help keep things from drying out, is to store the container upside down.

+1 well it slows it down drastically. But you'll need channel locks to open it.

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #12  
I do irrigation ,pvc cement will work on pcv , electric gray or white , and sewer pipe, green . I have used gray electrical pvc couplers on white pcv pipe , no problems

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #13  
By all means Yes, you can use regular PVC plumbing cement.

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #15  
YES Since I discovered that my glues last forever.

Interesting. Unless I'm in the middle of a big project mine almost always set up before they're empty. Headed to the garage to flip mine over now.

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #16  
Interesting. Unless I'm in the middle of a big project mine almost always set up before they're empty. Headed to the garage to flip mine over now.

If the jokes on you about Cqaigy2's remedy of turning the can upside down then the jokes on me too. I'll try it. Worked with this stuff about all my life and never thought or heard of this before. Thanks.. By the way it makes great on the job hand warmer. Just build you a little mound of dirt with a small indent pushed in the top like a volcano put in a little and light it. Burns a good little while. Only do this if somebody else is buying the glue.:)

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #17  

The glue gets in the gaps of the lid seal, then dries forming you a new seal. Hence the need for channel locks to reopen.

Just don't try this with the primer or cleaner. All they do is run out and make a mess. :)

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #18  
Another vote for storing the cans upside down. I used some glue yesterday that I'd bought back in April and stored that way. I just bore a hole a little bigger than the cap in a scrap piece of 1x6 to keep the can a little less tippy

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #19  
Plumbing glue also works well on PVC trim and moulding...couple of fancy pieces in wet locations, like under the kitchen window in front of the sink, so I chose to use the PVC in the same profile as the wood I was using elsewhere.

Glued the miter cuts for the "returns" on the ends into the wall, worked slick, and set up fast.

/ Glue for electrical pvc conduit #20  
I think part of the confusion about conduit cement comes from the name on the gray cement label. It's called Gray PVC Cement. That means the color of the cement is gray, not that it is made for gray pvc pipe.