Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
My prior automatic battery charger from Sam's club has conked out. Or at least I think so because I don't hear the fan run when I plug it in. It seems to charge OK--I think-- but not sure. So I figure it's time to start looking for a new one. Unfortunately, there are way more of them than I can evaluate.

I'd like one that is automatic in that it can adjust its charge as the battery gains and can also desulfate and do AGM batteries like an Optima. I've got some of those. I looked at Sam's Club and they had a big rolling stationary charger of a good brand name for $125. It had 100 amp boost power which I don't need plus I really don't want to spend $125.

I just need something to charge batteries for over the winter and to keep them in good shape. What do others have for battery chargers that they like and have had good results with?

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #2  
I use a NoCO genius G3500. It will do what you asked are made in Ohio and are 85.00 for this model.

https://no.co/

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #3  
As I have other chargers for heavier lifting, my favourite newer style maintenance charger is this CTek 3300. Has an AGM and low-temperature FLA setting, and is well sealed against dust/moisture.

Battery Chargers - CTEK Battery Chargers

I like the size vs. power output - 3.3 amps is useful, and the case size is small enough to tuck into small nooks.

Rgds, D.

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #4  
   / Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #5  
I second the noco genius
image.jpeg

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #6  
Hard to go wrong with the NOCO G3500 model (I 3rd it) simple, easy to use USA made, and about 100x cleaner than the old clunky metal chargers.

It's far cheaper in the long run than buying a new battery, plus its charger rate is faster, with no chance of an overcharge.

Just don't forget to disconnect it (they're small enough to shut the hood on!) before driving off.

J

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #8  
   / Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #9  
Darn you guys... looks like I'll be buying one.

TBN needs a warning banner:

Use of this site may lead to finding things you need, but didn't know about....

....can be tough on the bank account :D

Rgds, D.

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger without breaking the bank #10  
I find things I never knew I needed...

As to batteries, I do have a lot of them... at least 50 but some are just lead anchors in vehicles that have been stored for decades.

It can be a challenge keeping the other on a rotation schedule...

About half are 6 volts and the other 12 volts with a few 8 volts in the mix...