Extra "assembly tools"?

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #1  

RedTailHawk

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430
What does everyone do with all the little tools like Allen wrenches that come with just about everything that requires assembly?

I'd hate to just throw them away. Can they be melted down and used to make something else? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452466813.233543.jpg

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #2  
   / Extra "assembly tools"? #3  
I check my "odd tool" drawer in my toolbox first. If I already have that one, I throw it away. If not, I add it to the collection. :)

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #4  
Yea, most times I add the allen wrenches to my collection. Those throw away wrenches get.....well...... thrown away.

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #5  
I save the Allen wrenches. I'm always loosing those. I throw away the throw away wrenches.

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #6  
I scrap them for metal.

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #7  
I keep them taped up to the underside or the wall facing part of whatever I put together just in case I ever need to take them apart I know they will be there for sure.

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #8  
I throw them away. They arent made for real use. Material they are made with is way too soft to be used on a real bolt. All you will di is mess up the bolt and make it that much harder to get out with a real hex key. And most arent even stamped with a size:mur:

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #9  
I usually throw them in the toolbox. No good reason for that, just force of habit!

/ Extra "assembly tools"? #10  
I too throw them away but there is still a few samples in my garage tool box that is strictly for use inside the house. You wont find any in my shop tool boxes.