Pole barn Insulation

/ Pole barn Insulation #1  

Mac25

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 HST with LA 364 FEL
By one used the double bubble foil backed insulation for a pole barn or had any luck with a reasonably priced alternative? Thanks

/ Pole barn Insulation #2  
Yes I have used it many times. For a good priced insulation it does a very good job in my opinion and its pretty easy to install. Is it as good as 6" fiberglass insulation, no but a lot cheaper and easier to install. It also does a good job of reflecting the heat and sealing up a building from air drafts with the self taped side. Ive even put it on a lean-too and a boat dock just to take out the heat in the summer and it made a world of difference.

/ Pole barn Insulation
Yes I have used it many times. For a good priced insulation it does a very good job in my opinion and its pretty easy to install. Is it as good as 6" fiberglass insulation, no but a lot cheaper and easier to install. It also does a good job of reflecting the heat and sealing up a building from air drafts with the self taped side. Ive even put it on a lean-too and a boat dock just to take out the heat in the summer and it made a world of difference.

Thanks for the info Ruger761

/ Pole barn Insulation #4  
My neighbor put it in his building and it seems to work good but looking at it you wonder how it works so good. Thin and easy to install for sure.

/ Pole barn Insulation #5  
I used it in my old shop and it seemed to work good for several years, but now it's all falling apart. I built the new shop about 6 years ago (used the heavier fiberglass in it) and the old one is just used for equipment storage now.

Every time I go in the old one now there's more and more of it on the floor. Sooner or later I'm going to have to rip the rest out. I'm going to reinsulate it with spray foam.

/ Pole barn Insulation #6  
I stopped using the bubble stuff long ago due to deterioration. The stuff I use now is fiberglass with foil on one side and a white side. Not really sure what the white side is. I want to call it paper but not sure that's correct. 6' x 125' for $330. I'll post a picture tomorrow if you like.

/ Pole barn Insulation
I stopped using the bubble stuff long ago due to deterioration. The stuff I use now is fiberglass with foil on one side and a white side. Not really sure what the white side is. I want to call it paper but not sure that's correct. 6' x 125' for $330. I'll post a picture tomorrow if you like.

That would be great! Does it come in a roll? Do you have a brand name or website?

/ Pole barn Insulation #9  
That does sound interesting.

/ Pole barn Insulation #10  

I'm curious about this too.