4x4 Truck Build

/ 4x4 Truck Build #1  

AGRIMAN

Platinum Member
Tractor
A little of everything
Dieselcrawler, I was finally able to get started on the truck build I mentioned a few weeks ago. Here are a few pictures. Not a lot to see yet, but several hours of work to get to this stage.

Working on the ride height, body placement and stock mounts.

Picture7.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

/ 4x4 Truck Build #2  
Cool! Please keep us updated as things progress.

I know how time consuming building things can be... alot of good ideas on paper don't work when it comes to actually building it, so it's back to brainstorming again.

What's the future holds for this build? I noticed that most of the sheet metal has been cut out, for weight savings I'm guessing? Shell only, race car style interior?

/ 4x4 Truck Build
It's only purpose in life is to sling mud LOL. Cutting out the body does save a lot of weight, but in this case the truck will have tube chassis/cage that is separate from the body. The body is basically attached to the outside. If (when) the truck gets rounded, the body can be easily replaced. The bed will be just side skins.

I'm sure you noticed that its your brand LOL.

/ 4x4 Truck Build #4  
Cool build. What power plant are you going with?

/ 4x4 Truck Build
Cool build. What power plant are you going with?

Thanks. I enjoy building them, so I'm having a lot of fun. I'm building this for a friend, so it's not mine. It's getting a 632 Chevy. Should be in the 1,300 hp range.

I'm a diehard Ford man, so having a Chevy in my shop bring out all the jokes. All in good fun

/ 4x4 Truck Build
5 ton Rockwell's?

They are Meritors which is basically a newer version of the Rockwell from my understanding. These are rated at 2.5 tons. The old top load Rockwell's (2.5 & 5 tons) are popular but need to be bulletproofed.

/ 4x4 Truck Build #8  
Thanks. I enjoy building them, so I'm having a lot of fun. I'm building this for a friend, so it's not mine. It's getting a 632 Chevy. Should be in the 1,300 hp range. I'm a diehard Ford man, so having a Chevy in my shop bring out all the jokes. All in good fun

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

/ 4x4 Truck Build #9  
Just saw that you mentioned this in the s10 build. So I had to stalk you to find it. Love the build

/ 4x4 Truck Build
LOL.. No problem. I was trying to put a link to it in the S10 build but it did work.

I will try and update it soon. I have been rounding up the rest of the body parts so that I could finalize the cab location and working on the fit up of some other things. I have the firewall and floorboard framing mocked up and I'm welding them in now.

I hope to start bending the tubing for the roll cage next week. Go racing this weekend, so nothing is getting done.