Door Painting

/ Door Painting
Good idea Mike----I'll definitely be doing that.

/ Door Painting #32  
Mike that is a great idea.

/ Door Painting #33  
Hope it helps someone �� Nothing worse then watching paint dry so you can paint the other sides.

Of course, for new construction, my favorite method is to just paint the door in place on the hinges.

I have a bunch of old hinges that I swap onto the doors for painting. Spray it in place and swap the new hinges back on the next day.

image.jpeg

/ Door Painting #34  
Hope it helps someone �� Nothing worse then watching paint dry so you can paint the other sides.

Of course, for new construction, my favorite method is to just paint the door in place on the hinges.

I have a bunch of old hinges that I swap onto the doors for painting. Spray it in place and swap the new hinges back on the next day.

View attachment 461338

your full of good ideas... keep 'em coming. :thumbsup:

/ Door Painting #35  
Cut four strips of 3/4" ply or scraps of pine to about 1.5" by 24 to 32" or so.
Drill a hole through the middle of the strips of wood.
Put the door on a saw horse.
Attach two strips with a screw to the top edge of the door and two to the bottom edge.
Set the door on the floor
When the door is laying flat the strips will be pointing up 12" above the door and 12" below.
Sounds like a lot of work and wood. You could just use 2 on one end and one on the other - 3 legs will not be tippy.
But I have lots of time and not money, plus old and could use less work. Just lay them down, paint one side of several doors, let dry till next day turn over and repeat.