chainsaw

/ chainsaw #12  
Maybe I am old and fat, but I have 3 saws, and the one that does 90% of my work is my small Stihl 180 (I think it is a 180).. Oh, I love my 044 with a 32" bar but god it is heavy, even when I drop back to my 20".. That little 180 cuts down so much... And I am not that worn out after.

I think it is good to have a large saw if you have large trees (even if you don't plan to cut them, they do fall down), I would suggest looking used but Stihl holds its retail so high might as well just buy a new one.

/ chainsaw #13  
Yep^^^ Take a look at a Stihl 261, probably out perform or keep up with a 391 running a 20" bar.
A buddy has one of those, and it is a pretty sweet saw. It is 3 pounds and 14 cc less than a 391. I don't know if it would out cut a 391 or not, but I'd sure rather run the 261.

/ chainsaw #14  
The guys recommending a pro saw are not leading you astray. A used MS361 would be a fantastic saw. Better yet would be a 50cc pro saw (026, ms261, ms261) and a 70cc saw (044, ms440, ms441).

/ chainsaw #15  
I have a 460 and run full chisel chains on it. Just love that saw for it's power and speed. It's incredibly fast, but I'm always a little afraid of it. Because of this I find my self reaching for the 270 more often. It's not my favorite but it sees more use because of it's light weight. I think I would like it better if I went with a slightly more aggressive chain. For limbing I use a 192. For an all around saw, I'd vote for the 311. Has enough power to handle a 12" tree and it's light enough that you can use the saw for limbing without getting tired. To that effect, I'm not a big fan of the new 4 strokes. Seems like every one that I've used has a bog that's just off of idle.

/ chainsaw #16  
Last two saws I bought are pro saws, why did I get pro saws? Because like was said, more power, less weight!

Also, they are build of higher quality parts and last longer...

SR

/ chainsaw #17  
Last two saws I bought are pro saws, why did I get pro saws? Because like was said, more power, less weight!

Also, they are build of higher quality parts and last longer...

SR

Guess that applies to my 075 as well. I run a 36 with 404 square tooth chipper on it. When you aqueeze the throttle on that bad boy, you know you have a hold of sometning.

It ain't no Troy-Bilt either.....:D

/ chainsaw #18  
I'm 66 years old and have owned a Stihl 064 since 1985 . I've used it a lot clearing my place, cutting firewood, and storm clean up, I purchased a MS 271 Stihl farm boss with 20" bar a few years ago. The 064 runs a 28" bar with 3/8 chisel chain. Comparing the two, the farm boss isn't really lighter by much. I think the farm boss is around 13#, the 064 is 13.9#. Now as far as power, no comparison, needless to say the 064 gets used most of the time. Get a pro saw, you will not regret it!

/ chainsaw #19  
I also bought a Stihl MS270 Farm Boss a few years ago. I was very disappointed. The saw didn't have enough top end IMO. My MS170 cut better. I bought a Husky 550 XP pro saw and it is a great saw...light weight and cranks out some rpms.

/ chainsaw #20  
I'm sorry to hear that yours is as seemingly underpowered as mine. You should try comparing it to an 064 or an 066 (I think the modern equivalent is a msn 660). Ive heard that they're seriously detuned to meet emission requirements. Mine is almost as heavy as an 066 with about half the power.