Suggestions for rubber bumper on post pounder cable?

/ Suggestions for rubber bumper on post pounder cable? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
I'm putting a new cable on my post pounder and I was thinking I would like to modify it with a rubber bumper to protect the cable thimble from smashing into the upper pulley and damaging the cable and/or thimble. The photo below isn't my pounder but its the same brand.

08.jpg

I originally thought about drilling a hole in a couple of hockey pucks and running the cable through the center but those wouldn't be large enough diameter. I thought I would pick your brains to see what kind of great ideas pop up.

Thanks!

/ Suggestions for rubber bumper on post pounder cable? #2  
   / Suggestions for rubber bumper on post pounder cable? #4  
I'm putting a new cable on my post pounder and I was thinking I would like to modify it with a rubber bumper to protect the cable thimble from smashing into the upper pulley and damaging the cable and/or thimble. The photo below isn't my pounder but its the same brand.

View attachment 464281

I originally thought about drilling a hole in a couple of hockey pucks and running the cable through the center but those wouldn't be large enough diameter. I thought I would pick your brains to see what kind of great ideas pop up.

Thanks!

You can usually fab something up from old tires if you need it to be tough. It really stinks up the place when you cut tires up though so do it outside. The material is free even if you don't have old tires laying around, road alligators are all over the highway free for the taking. The hunting is usually better on road grades.