Only With TBN Projects Happen

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen #1  

Al Mac

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2920
I was only on this forum (my first) a short time when started to notice how many TBNs tackle tractor problems head on. Tractors are used in many different ways so each unit is not made for everyone. No one wants to just work around a problem, it has to be better.

When I had my other tractor (MF1020) the only thing I added in over a decade was a work light.
With all this TBNs input on making things not just work, it has to be better. I started to look at the B2920 a little different.
Well the other day I added the first mod to the tractor. I wish I could say I did it all my self but I can't weld. I do have a welder (wire feed with gas) but it never looks good (I have to work at it) and I don't trust how strong it is. I got the fab work ready and a local welder did the magic.
It is a side step to get on and off the tractor (helpful with the MMM on) that will clear the MMM when up.
It is attached to the 2 holes in the FEL mount which I don't know what they are for but I didn't have a use for them and it has no flex like many mounted to the deck.
Tks to those that had input on this project through other threads.

I will try to attach a photo but that is going to be a learning curve also. :confused: I am not a great PC person.

Al

20160420_161005_resized.jpg20160420_182954_resized.jpg

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen #2  
Very nice! Maybe you can market it to other owners?

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen #4  
I like that very much. And the design and execution look top notch.

Good job

If you want more Kubota Mods... check out a guy on YouTube - Paul Short. He is a welder and does a T O N of modifications on his Kubota equipment.

Kubota BX25D Mods updates - YouTube

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen
I like that very much. And the design and execution look top notch.

Good job

If you want more Kubota Mods... check out a guy on YouTube - Paul Short. He is a welder and does a T O N of modifications on his Kubota equipment.

Kubota BX25D Mods updates - YouTube

Tks guys.
I have checked out Paul Shorts projects. Him and others on this forum have come up with some great ideas. You guys bring the use of a tractor to another level. It is not another piece of equipment to use but more a tool to be modified to make life easier.
Learned a lot. More to learn.

Al

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen #6  
Al,

Great modification. Looks professional.

I challenge you to start doing your on welding. You'll be surprised how quickly you become more proficient. If the learning curve is a bit steep, post questions here in the Welding section. We have some excellent professional grade welders that will gladly give you pointers.

Nice work!!!!

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen #7  
Looks great and useful. I like it. Go ahead and spend some time welding, just relax and do it and see what you can do. Ed

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen #8  
The only way to learn is do it... practice. Weld stuff together. Use it till it breaks. Weld it better. Learn. Ask questions. Watch YouTube videos. Talk to others. Weld more stuff. Repeat.

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen
Al,

Great modification. Looks professional.

I challenge you to start doing your on welding. You'll be surprised how quickly you become more proficient. If the learning curve is a bit steep, post questions here in the Welding section. We have some excellent professional grade welders that will gladly give you pointers.

Nice work!!!!

Everyone,

This PC has been enough of a challenge in the past 5 years. The last 2 years I had no time for anything out side the event (people from UK, USA, Canada) we hosted on our property but that is over now.
I do like a challenge. I am sure the welders will just think some questions (not knowing the lingo) are real strange.
I checked out some youtube videos. They make it look simple. Something like Martha Stewart saying "easy as that" but the extra hands are still in the frame.

Al

/ Only With TBN Projects Happen #10  
Very nice modification, I'm really impressed with the modifications many TBN members have done, I no longer weld, but my brother and sons do, so I've put some on my tractors, Richard (ovrszd) does excellent work and was nice enough to make a great filter guard for our M8540.