Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Default Re: My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by two_bit_score View Post
    Nice looking vise!
    Hahaha. Your funny, 25centscore! You want it, pay shipping and I will ship that piece of s?xt to you. I really need a new, bigger one.
    hugs, Brandi

Super Star Member two_bit_score's Avatar
    Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by bindian View Post
    Hahaha. Your funny, 25centscore! You want it, pay shipping and I will ship that piece of s?xt to you. I really need a new, bigger one.
    hugs, Brandi
    Everybody needs a bigger vise Brandi.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Your work bench looks like mine. I love open shelves and being able to see my tools out in the open. If I'm missing a wrench, I know right away which one. How is that white Makita impact driver holding up for you? I bought one and I loved how small and light it was, but hated how quickly those half sized batteries died on me. Then the trigger quit working and it was always on full speed with trying to use it. I have it hanging on my wall right now for emergency use, but never use it because I bought the blue Makita impact driver and it's been perfect.

I didn't realize the duck nests where like barrels. How do they get from the water into them? I saw over on Pondboss where some people where making floating duck nests, but never saw if they where used or not. Ducks are kind of odd in where they lay eggs. Not like chickens at all.

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by EddieWalker View Post
    Your work bench looks like mine. I love open shelves and being able to see my tools out in the open. If I'm missing a wrench, I know right away which one. How is that white Makita impact driver holding up for you? I bought one and I loved how small and light it was, but hated how quickly those half sized batteries died on me. Then the trigger quit working and it was always on full speed with trying to use it. I have it hanging on my wall right now for emergency use, but never use it because I bought the blue Makita impact driver and it's been perfect.

I didn't realize the duck nests where like barrels. How do they get from the water into them? I saw over on Pondboss where some people where making floating duck nests, but never saw if they where used or not. Ducks are kind of odd in where they lay eggs. Not like chickens at all.
    As I understand it, the white and blue Makitas have the same guts, but a slightly different housing. I have had Makita cordless drills since they came out with 7.2 volt batteries, then 12 volt, now 18 volt. I have two sets of the driver and the impact cordless kits. One at work and one at home. I love the 18 volt ones. I have 3.0 amp hour batteries at work and the 2.2 amp hour batteries at home. I use the impact and driver every night at work. The impact, I use to remove all screws on the doors and I install the screws with the drill/driver. I have a Milwaukee 1/4" ratchet for small nuts and bolts at work. I had to go Milwaukee because my AC Delco ratchet needed a new battery and it was faster to buy new. Now I got the AC Delco at home with a "late to the party" battery.

My older Makita driver (at home) finally used up the trigger and had a broken, taped up case. For $29 at the Makita dealer/service center in Houston, I got a new trigger and used plastic case half. It had been taped up for years with aircraft baggage bin tape..........an expensive duck tape! Now the thing needs a new armature, for about another $25. Here is the link to the service center, Empire Tools....... Bootstrap Portfolio template

The ducks fly up to thenests. There is a 2x8 underneath with 2 inches of lip to land on, on each end. That is what all the you tube videos said to use. Better yet..........ducks hatched in them look for them to nest in. My ducks are treating the nest like a new stranger on their pond and right now, keeping their distance. Maybe it's too late for this nesting season. Time will tell.
    hugs, Brandi

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011