My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Sorry, didn't know.... I know how much you cared for him....
That's okay Jerry. I had a cry fest uploading all those photos.
I did get a pound dog..............but she kept running off. Her name was Bell, as in Blue Bell, as she reminded me of Blue Bell ice cream. 1-31-15 Belle Watching Squirrels.jpgBelle in the Pond.jpgBlue Bell 001.jpg
Then never came back after breaking her collar while on the cable run.

Brady got a puppy that reminded me way too much of Booger. His name was Tucker. Booger wouldn't jump up on anything, but Tucker did. Tractor, CAT, trailer, pickup............he would jump up on it, where ever he could sit or lay down. He even got up in the zero turn mower's seat! 1-23-16 Tucker Wants to Drive the Tractor Resized.jpg1-23-16 Tucker Playing Boogie Ball.jpgTucker Laying on CAT Tracks.jpgTucker Laying on CAT Tracks 2.jpg3-27-15 Lop Earred Tucker.jpg12-30-15 Tucker with New Fence Boards.jpg12-30-15 Luke & Tucker Helping with Fence Boards.jpg
We think the neighbors shot him, but we have no proof.

hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 1-23-16 Tucker Wants to Drive the Tractor.jpg
    1-23-16 Tucker Wants to Drive the Tractor.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 310
   / My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #12  
Re: You get attached to your dog.

My wife is a Dog Breeder. It is one of her hobbies.

Breezy Ridge GSMD - Home

I do Mutts and second chances. They make the best buddies. Just got Jake (Cross between a Doberman and a Swissy, we think?) out of his dog house, raining pretty good outside and supposedly going to get 2 inches of rain tonight.

I hope the 130 tons of gravel I just spread over the last 2 weeks packs in and just does not wash away.

PS

Please don't assume just because you can walk on it you can drive an tracked machine on it. That is true if the ground is solid and packed below the surface. Drive into quicksand with a layer of harder ground on top etc and you are in trouble. If you break through the supporting surface, it can be like ice breaking on a frozen lake. Down you will go.

Attachments

• P1020832.JPG
    P1020832.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 432
Re: You get attached to your dog.

Please don't assume just because you can walk on it you can drive an tracked machine on it. That is true if the ground is solid and packed below the surface. Drive into quicksand with a layer of harder ground on top etc and you are in trouble. If you break through the supporting surface, it can be like ice breaking on a frozen lake. Down you will go.
That can happen walking. You know it's bad walking on it, when your see the ground ripple or float up and down as you walk. I stay away from that stuff. Been here 24 years. I kinda know how the lay of the land reacts to being wet.................and where to stay away from while it is wet.
hugs, Brandi

Sunday afternoon, the Mahindra managed to pile up all the cleared and cut trees.6-5-16 Big RED Beast Chillin'.jpg6-5-16 New Burn Pile Mud.jpg

Then the CAT finished attacking the last two trees. These two were married together. Saturday, just before dark, I started digging 1/3rd the way around it. It filled with water as I dug. As I was cutting the trunks from the stumps, it started pouring. So I called it a day for swamp logging and retired to the shop to work on the dumptruck.6-5-16 Last Tree In Way Of New Burn Pile.jpg6-5-16 Moat I Dug Yesterday.jpg6-5-16 CAT........I Did Not Push Him Over!.jpg6-5-16 Pushed Over Root Ball.jpg
hugs, Brandi

Friday and Saturday was dry enough to get the Mahindra in and stack the new burn pile. The CAT ripped out the stumps, after I cut the trunk and the rootball flopped back into it's hole. She even pushed the stumps over and into the burn pile. Talented, she is!6-12-16 Huge New Burn Pile.jpg

This area is where my neighbors barbed wire fence was ripped out. He moved some corral panels until the fence can be fixed. This area was were the two huge oaks were uprooted by the April 24th tornado.6-12-16 Fence When Two Oaks Uprooted.jpg

I used about 1/2 gallon of diesel to get this fire going. I got it going hot just before 3/4 inch of heavy rain hit. I then cut up the rest of the oak tree tops I had laying around and fed the fire. I even moved two other piles, during the rain, to fed the hot fire. I did have fun playing in the mud!6-12-16 Burn Pile Mud.jpg6-12-16 Burn Pile Hot.jpg6-12-16 Burn Pile Hot Different View.jpg

Here is the oak trunks I saved for firewood.6-12-16 Wood Pile.jpg6-12-16 Wood Pile Other View.jpg6-12-16 Red Oak Chock.jpg

hugs, Brandi

I didn't get much done this weekend. Mostly because of the heat, some because of a head cold. I mainly mowed, but did a little ditch cleaning and spread bermuda grass seed. Was hoping to get some rain today. But got nodda.6-19-16 Starting Post Floods Cleanup.jpg6-19-16 Ditch Desilted.jpg

The pond took a lot of silt. The white is all sand that moved in. The overflow culvert has finally stopped water going through it.6-19-16 Pond Silted In After Water Goes Down.jpg
hugs, Brandi

I know he won't replace Booger, but I got a new puppy. He is 5 weeks old. Booger has been gone 2 years now. His Mom is a German Shepard K9 and his Dad is Australian Shepard. I named him Snigglefritz. I call him Fritz for short............as he is a short German. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
6-23-16 Fritz Full Face.jpg6-23-16 Fritz Playing With Me.jpg6-23-16 Fritz.jpg6-23-16 Fritz's Tail.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #18  
My Aussie is right at 50 lbs., if he's only 5 weeks I'm guessing he will end up a hair bigger than that. They have a ton of personality.

It looks like he is paying you lots of attention, which I hope is a good sign that he will take his cues from you.

Suspect he'll be a lot of fun...

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #19  
I know he won't replace Booger, but I got a new puppy. He is 5 weeks old. Booger has been gone 2 years now. His Mom is a German Shepard K9 and his Dad is Australian Shepard. I named him Snigglefritz. I call him Fritz for short............as he is a short German. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

hugs, Brandi

Nice dog Brandi, congrats!

TBS

Thanks Guys!
hugs, Brandi