My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #21  
Looks like you've been staying busy! If you get a mechanical thumb and need it welded on, bring it over one day. We can get it fixed up. I personally prefer them over a hyd. Much easier to install and less to go wrong.

Brett

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Brett,
Thanks! I'll keep you in mind. I am going hydraulic and plumb and wire it like my diverter valve for my grapple on the tractor. It will use the same style diverter valve, just wired for 24 volts. I want hyd. so when Iget in the bottom of a pond and need to move a mud mat, I can do it then keep digging..........all without getting of the cab, which can get tiring over the length of a day.
hugs, Brandi

I beat the rain yesterday and started burning my last pile. Forgot to take photos yesterday or even today. But here is what it looks like right now. Down to 3 stumps. 6-26-16 Burn Pile Down to 3 Stumps.jpg I know for sure it wouldn't be this small now, down from 30 x 50 feet yesterday, without a grapple to pick up and place burning logs and rearrange the pile.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #24  
Sorry to hear about your dog. I sure hope your GS mixed breed is good for you. We certainly love our purebred black with tan markings long haired German Shepherd. We get compliments on him everywhere we go and he is such a gentle giant (126 pounds) and is friends with anyone as long as they don't mess with Mama. We had 3 small breed dogs and while they were fine for lap dogs, they don't compare to our GS now for playing, guarding and companionship.

The first thing to do with a dog is to put up a good fence so they stay in and neighbors dogs stay out. Ours have 42 acres to run around in but mostly don't go too far from the house unless we go out in the UTV's to look at the far pastures. We put net wire fencing around the whole perimeter right after we got the place and it keeps out the varmints pretty well except for skunks, possums and armadillos (they dig under). My sister-in-laws' mixed breed GS loves to kill any possum he comes across (and skunk unfortunately).

Sorry to hear about your dog. I sure hope your GS mixed breed is good for you. We certainly love our purebred black with tan markings long haired German Shepherd. We get compliments on him everywhere we go and he is such a gentle giant (126 pounds) and is friends with anyone as long as they don't mess with Mama. We had 3 small breed dogs and while they were fine for lap dogs, they don't compare to our GS now for playing, guarding and companionship.

The first thing to do with a dog is to put up a good fence so they stay in and neighbors dogs stay out. Ours have 42 acres to run around in but mostly don't go too far from the house unless we go out in the UTV's to look at the far pastures. We put net wire fencing around the whole perimeter right after we got the place and it keeps out the varmints pretty well except for skunks, possums and armadillos (they dig under). My sister-in-laws' mixed breed GS loves to kill any possum he comes across (and skunk unfortunately).

Gary,
Thanks. I miss Booger every day. I have my whole yard fenced............I hurried up and finished it when I had pound doggie that broke her collar (gate was open) and took off. Gotta get a gate mule. What, exactly is net wire fencing? Is it chicken wire?

hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #26  
Gary,
Thanks. I miss Booger every day. I have my whole yard fenced............I hurried up and finished it when I had pound doggie that broke her collar (gate was open) and took off. Gotta get a gate mule. What, exactly is net wire fencing? Is it chicken wire?

hugs, Brandi

This is what I call 'net wire'. He may be referring to something different.

Home of the Fixed Knot Fence

TBS

In the yard and all fencing for pasture and ducks, I used non climb horse fence. 2x4 inch mesh. This will stop all but the smallest ducklings.
hugs, Brandi

I started enlarging the island pond today. First thing was to dig up the water line to the faucet I installed before the island pond. At that time, it was gonna supply water to a horse trough, but the horses never happened. This line is fed from my first pond. So the first, smaller pond is gonna go down about 6 feet before I install the old, existing faucet up near the fence. Look close at the up close water photo and you can see the 1 inch pipe flowing. It was also first time I used my dumptruck. It's harder to load with the CAT then I thought. I kept wanting to bang into the tailgate or bed side. 7-2-16 Water Line Open to Island Pond.jpg7-2-16 First Time CAT Loads Dumptruck.jpg

Here is the faucet when I was building the pond. Booger, the camera ham/tractor dog is also in the photo. 7-9-12 Digging clay with Booger and flagged faucet.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #29  
You have been busy!

Cute puppy, I have puppy fever and want a German Sheppard but we just have too much going on right now.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #30  
Looks good. If you don't need max digging depth, you can build up a pad with a couple scoops of the dirt that the track ho can set on. It'll give you better visibility and th boom doesn't have to be so high.

Brett