Help with bed post repair

/ Help with bed post repair #1  

rickyb01

Silver Member
Tractor
1976 Deutz 3006 1962 John Deere 1010
Anybody have any idea where I can find these parts? They connect the bed post to the bed. The male thread is 3/4 and two inches long. The female is the part that broke all up. In including pictures of the same part off another leg. The bed has been discontinued and was made in China so no luck trying to find manufacturer. I don't have a clue what these parts are called to even try and find them. Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• image-2018836745.jpg
    image-2018836745.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 899
  • image-701161204.jpg
    image-701161204.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 623
  • image-602331053.jpg
    image-602331053.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 573
  • image-1332634464.jpg
    image-1332634464.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 1,397
   / Help with bed post repair #2  
Got a little rambunctious did we ;) I would call that a threaded T flange, hand me that welder over there.

Maybe another way to look at fixing it; threaded rod is relatively cheap, if you can make that hole go all the way through and recess it at the end, you could probably bolt it all together with threaded rod, nuts and big washers that are easy available at your local hardware store :D

/ Help with bed post repair #3  
It's hard to tell from the pics if those are made from that brittle pot metal that they make carburetors out of or if it's galvanized. Couldn't locate anything in google, so if it's not pot metal and not in more than two parts, weld it up. If it's broken in several pieces, you'll probably have to fab up a new one from a big washer and some heavy wall tubing threaded to match. If it's metric (which I suspect) it might be cheaper to make the matching half from a SAE bolt rather than purchase a big tap for the job.

If you really want to source one, try taking some close cropped detailed pics at different views and do Google image searches until you find something close, the ones above just give generic hardware.

/ Help with bed post repair #4  
might look in woodworker supply catologs .i've seen smaller versions in a catolog but can't remember where.

Greg

/ Help with bed post repair
It's pot metal which is why it broke in 10 different pieces. I going look at making one. A 3/4 washer will work but have to fine something that has inside threads that I can weld to it and fit in the whole. Thanks for the replies

/ Help with bed post repair #6  
It's pot metal which is why it broke in 10 different pieces. I going look at making one. A 3/4 washer will work but have to fine something that has inside threads that I can weld to it and fit in the whole. Thanks for the replies

I'm thinking that a nut welded onto a washer would work fine. Then you either drill the hole in the wood bigger or grind the nut down so that it fits into the existing hole.

/ Help with bed post repair #7  
3/4 coupling nut coupling nut - Google Search welded to a washer, you might have to turn down the OD of of the nut.
Maybe a piece of 1/2" pipe threaded inside to 3/4" bolt, it's 7/8" od x 5/8" id.............Mike

/ Help with bed post repair #8  
I sourced similar items at Fastenal. Took a few days to get them but they have 10 sizes in their catalog.

/ Help with bed post repair #9  
It is called a "TNUT" ot "Tee Nut" and comes in many sizes and screwed on or hammer in. At hardware or big box stores. Or try Fastenal.

Last edited:
   / Help with bed post repair #10  
Anybody have any idea where I can find these parts? They connect the bed post to the bed. The male thread is 3/4 and two inches long. The female is the part that broke all up. In including pictures of the same part off another leg. The bed has been discontinued and was made in China so no luck trying to find manufacturer. I don't have a clue what these parts are called to even try and find them. Any help will be appreciated

rickyb01

I have exactly the same issue as you did, I am looking to replace at least one of the female parts of this set as it shattered into pieces. Did you have any luck finding or making a replacement?