Driveway build

/ Driveway build #1  

Adrianfire509

Tractor
Mahindra 1526
This is the start of the driveway for our new house build. I'm using my Mahindra Max 26 and a 5' box blade.

image-2966851466.jpg

/ Driveway build #4  
That looks great. How much top soil do you have to remove before you hit sand or clay? I had to go down 11"-13" for 600'. I brought in 170 ton of in 1-3" crusher run for a 7-8" base. I'll top it with 6" of millings next year.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 326
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 267
   / Driveway build #6  
In our area "millings" are asphalt milling - the old asphalt they grind off the road when they resurface them.

/ Driveway build #7  
Millings when exposed to hot sun will re-bind and give U a 'near asphalt' drive, not like true asphalt bet great for a private drive.
On slopes , unlike crushed stone, millings don't wash away being kinda glued together.
For a top notch job a roller compactor is the way to go.
Good news is re-cycled or millings is cheaper to buy than crushed.

I did my hilly drive 20 years ago with re-cycles and it still works for me although it has many cracks in it now, the main thing being that I never need to grade as I did with gravel.

/ Driveway build #8  
Curves look nice, but some people can not back up. Friend did his drive with a double barreled pan. Cut down 15-16 inches and ran 5-6 inches of #2 rock. City was doing new streets so he got mills for free.{short haul for the contractor} He was using the pan to dig a pond and ran down his new drive when the bowl was full. Some people just have dumb luck.

/ Driveway build #9  
Recycle asphalt just don't look in a country drive.

/ Driveway build #10  
Recycle asphalt just don't look in a country drive.

Yep, needs grass growing in the middle & a few mud holes:D Our drive is around 150' long with a wider parking area to park 3 vehicles across. I'm debating on millings or crush & run as it's called in these part's.
It's been 20 years since i last put gravel on & it's really thinned out some on the slightly sloped part.

Ronnie