Rotary Laser levels

/ Rotary Laser levels #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
I am looking to buy a decent rotary laser level and wanted some opinions and advice. Here is what I think I want to do with it.
Indoor use - windows, doors, hung ceiling installs, walls, pretty much anything
outdoor uses: install decks, small site grade work, drainage trench work
Like the idea of a kit that comes with everything needed.
Not sure of a price point - want good quality and something that will last. Waterproof is also a good idea as I hate stopping for rain if I am on a deadline.
Any suggestions?
THANKS

/ Rotary Laser levels #2  
I have a Bosch one and love it. It was the complete kit for around $500 at lowes or Home Depot. I have nothing to compare it to as it is the only one I have ever used but I like it. I have used it for setting concrete forms, building a steel building frame, leveling a site, etc.

/ Rotary Laser levels #3  
Be careful using it on existing construction. Turns out few of our walls are plumb or square, so when I used the level what I added is what looked crooked. Had to use the eyeball technique for aesthetic reasons.

New construction is another matter, laser is great. Make sure it has a beam strong enough for outdoor use that will show up for the length you need it. My (slightly cheaper than the Bosch mentioned above) laser is only good for 8 to 16 feet in sunlight. Pretty useless both indoors and outdoors! Live and learn. :laughing:

/ Rotary Laser levels
   / Rotary Laser levels
Any one have a different one that is good?

/ Rotary Laser levels #6  
Spectra HV101,self leveling,tripod,stick,can use for ceiling grid(has a ceiling mount.Use it outside for grades,concrete forms,really happy with,I think it was around 750.00

/ Rotary Laser levels
Thanks - I will check it out!

/ Rotary Laser levels #8  
I've had one of these along with a machine receiver for 12 years now and it's still accurate . Seen plenty of rain but I don't abuse it. It is fairly expensive with the machine receiver I paid $1,200.
Agatec LT300 Rotary Laser Level All-Purpose Package (NiMH) 789433

/ Rotary Laser levels #9  
I have a Spectra kit. It comes in a big plastic case and it holds the level, tripod, measuring rod and receiver. It's super accurate, fast to set up and easy to use. For laying tile and flooring, I have a Bosch laser that gives me straight lines, 90 and 45 degree angles.

/ Rotary Laser levels #10  
Not trying to steal the thread but you guys seem to know about the Laser Levels. How do you do slope? can you set the unit at a degrees from level to set drain field slope? Just was thinking outloud here. Thanks bjr