Building a fence

/ Building a fence #41  
I think your on to the right idea with Steel frame. Less work and maintence since the steel frame holds up well. Wood covers it so will match rest of fence nicely. Your work on the fence sure looks nice

/ Building a fence #42  
Steel frame with matching pickets. Make it blend in and look like the rest of the fence.

/ Building a fence
Steel frame with matching pickets. Make it blend in and look like the rest of the fence.

That was my thinking, but I would prefer blocking the view from the road down our driveway. It is too open and the traffic is getting heavier year after year. Maybe something like this, little shorter. o.jpeg

Guy who builds gates for living over in the old country told me to use one more horizontal steel tubing across instead of diagonal brace, it looks better and its almost as sturdy as diagonal one.

Ever seen a hinge like this?

w.jpg

/ Building a fence #44  
That idea of hinge is really nice in that you can adjust the top and bottom in and out thus moving the opposite end of the gate up and down. Makes lining up two gate half’s or the latch much easier. Also allows adjusting of gate when time or settling or other things cause it to sag. A bit of water resistant grease on the threads is a great idea to help insure ability for adjustment later after rain and snow.

Hard to tell for sure on your picture bu the hinge type with TWO nuts allows adjustment with. Out taking the gate apart.

adjustable gate hinges - Google Search

/ Building a fence
Thanks.

I may built hinges myself, I have what it takes. I tend to overbuild stuff, commercially available parts are often too flimsy for my liking

/ Building a fence
Put up a sign for our place, what do you think?

KIMG0116.jpg

/ Building a fence #48  
I like it!!! Did you make it or have it made? Looks very professional!!!

/ Building a fence
Thank you.

A guy I know cut it for my on a laser table, design - me and my wife.