Bluegrass build... one step at a time.

/ Bluegrass build... one step at a time. #41  
Great to hear the tractor and pan work so well for you. That's really a great thing to have!!!!!

Funny that your pictures look sideways in your post, but when I click on them, they come out correctly.

/ Bluegrass build... one step at a time.
Can't explain the pics.

Just good I guess. Adds a little flair!

/ Bluegrass build... one step at a time. #43  
Got any pictures of your horses?

Got any pictures of your horses?

Facebook - Lone Cone Racing

Here are a couple from our most recent racer. Sethary

2 years ago... and last week.

1553287_624490580940142_161566408_o.jpg1900251_810092939046571_7685636175786066442_o.jpgimage1.JPG

It's been a while since I updated this thread. We have been working, but I haven't been posting much.

I've had this week off, so we were clearing old fence and around our 400-500 yo Blue Ash trees.

I cannot give enough praise to the Danuser Intimidator. It pulls posts and fence easily. But even more impressively, it pulls brush and trees incredibly well.

These are before and after pics of a small section I cleared today. Hackberry, locust, and honeysuckle. Between 1"- 8". It pulls big honeysuckle bunches whole and allows you to carry them to your pile. It pushes over large trees then pulls them roots and all. It will also pull 1/4" sprigs 12" from the ground. I can pick 20yo 4" ivy vines from the trunk of the tree and can pick up 1000lb dead falls. In short, it is awesome.

There is only one thing that should be changed in the design and while it is minor, it would be an easy fix. They just need a clear channel to clear out the dirt from the connector between the front of the blades.

IMG_3971.JPGIMG_3972.JPGIMG_3974.JPG

/ Bluegrass build... one step at a time. #46  
That's quite a stack of trees you have there. Do you pick them up with that thing and carry them to the burn pile too?

/ Bluegrass build... one step at a time. #47  
Yep, tree pullers are very handy.

Surprised that you didn't comment on the hawk in the second picture:

IMG_3972.JPG

Cropped for closeup:

IMG_3972.JPG

/ Bluegrass build... one step at a time. #48  
This 5100e 100hp MFWD pulls this 6.5cu yd dirtpan just fine. As long as I don't jam the blade deep in the ground too quickly, which is unfortunately easy to do. I purchased 2 different types of hydraulic cylinder clip on stops, neither of which worked for me.

The pan pulls easily and dumps/spreads extremely well.

IMG_3561.JPG

Are you still using the dirtpan?

I made stroke stoppers by splitting tubing long ways and clamping to the rod:

PB300004.JPG

PB300007.JPG

This one has been in use for 12 years. :thumbsup:
PC020008.JPG

PC020005.JPG

I saw the hawk. We have a few that are always hanging out around out place. I think they hang where I am working, because I am likely to stir something up. a few weeks ago, I had one grab something about 20ft from where I was working. Scared the crap out of me as he landed just a little ways in front and to the right. He took off quickly.

Xfaxman

THAT is exactly what I need. And about what I had thought about doing. Did you split only one side open it, and bend it back ? Or did you split both sides and use the clamp to hold it in place?

I'm going to have to do that, as I know that it takes too much time to feather it each and every time I fill.