Liftmaster jackshaft garage-door-openers

/ Liftmaster jackshaft garage-door-openers #1  

Maxcustody

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3032e
I saw on another topic a different option for a garage door opener I was not aware of....anyone have these or have used them. They look great. Looking at using them on my 2 shop doors.
<br />
It is a liftmaster side door jackshaft opener.<br />
Elite Series 85 | Garage Door Openers | LiftMaster<br />
attachment.php
attachment.php

/ Liftmaster jackshaft garage-door-openers #2  
Neat idea. I don't think I have seen them anywhere before. Never seen an electrical outlet put in that place before either so that would be another expense to do if using them or have to fasten extension cord from the center of the garage (usual location for electrical outlet for door opener) to the opener location by the doors.

/ Liftmaster jackshaft garage-door-openers
Neat idea. I don't think I have seen them anywhere before. Never seen an electrical outlet put in that place before either so that would be another expense to do if using them or have to fasten extension cord from the center of the garage (usual location for electrical outlet for door opener) to the opener location by the doors.
Having all the electric done in my barn now.....have not installed garage door outlets yet. May go this route, seems the better option. I like not having chain drive , and all the other junk in the middle.

/ Liftmaster jackshaft garage-door-openers #6  
Thanks, being that I live in West Texas now, I have no Internet but my phone. Makes it hard to search for a lot of stuff.

Does your phone app have the Google Custom Search box at the top of the page?

That is what I used on my computer.

lm.JPG

/ Liftmaster jackshaft garage-door-openers #8  
I have a 16' (wide) by 14' 3" insulated (spell Heavy) overhead door on the shop building with a Liftmaster opener that has worked trouble free for the last 20 years
Highly recommend.

B. John

I have a 16' (wide) by 14' 3" insulated (spell Heavy) overhead door on the shop building with a Liftmaster opener that has worked trouble free for the last 20 years
Highly recommend.

B. John
Awesome thank you. I am going to go with one on each of my doors....

/ Liftmaster jackshaft garage-door-openers #10  
I saw on another topic a different option for a garage door opener I was not aware of....anyone have these or have used them. They look great. Looking at using them on my 2 shop doors.
<br />
It is a liftmaster side door jackshaft opener.<br />
Elite Series 85 | Garage Door Openers | LiftMaster<br />
484045d1476016293-electric-my-barn-need-help-outside-garage-door-opener-1564-a
484046d1476016296-electric-my-barn-need-help-8500_cw_detail-jpeg

I have that type on my 11' high by 16 ' wide door. Worked great for about a year and then one day i hit the up button on the remote and it went up shuddered and appeared to keep going past where it normally stops.
The door then fell almost to the floor.
I should have called the installer but just rewound the lift cables and cables and tried it again it worked a couple times but then once again went past the normal stop point and i pulled the power plug and just started using the manual rope.
That was over 2 years ago. I had better luck at our previous houses garage with my old chain drive version. ( it was on a 25' wide x 10' high door)...

Pretty sure this is actually a decent design- just need to call the guy and get it fixed.

Last edited: