Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under

/ Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #1  

BoylermanCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana R2844, New Holland TC29D, Hustler X-One
Stumbled cross this very cool gate opener from Australia. No getting out of the truck to open the gate. No electricity either.

Oz Autogate | Facebook

/ Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #2  
Stumbled cross this very cool gate opener from Australia. No getting out of the truck to open the gate. No electricity either.

Oz Autogate | Facebook

Pretty cool, but I have a horse here that would figure that out in a week and be organizing jail-breaks.

/ Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #3  
I thought that that's why you invite your wife/GF/significant-other along for a pleasant drive with you...

and to open/shut the gates.

/ Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #4  
Very interesting device. I have a few thoughts. What keeps the farm animals from learning how to use it or just accidentally standing on the opener. How does it perform in the winter - ice & snow. And how do you expect guests to understand its operation.

Last edited:
   / Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #5  
I like that a lot.

/ Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #6  
I've seen video clips of them made of wood, but this is the first commercially made one that I've seen. My fear is in how long it will last. Or how long until somebody drives too far onto it and hits the gate. I also wonder what the price difference is for this and a cattle guard?

/ Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #7  
I think a problem may arise with a trailer.

/ Automatic Gate Opener from Down Under #8  
...I also wonder what the price difference is for this and a cattle guard?

They are very closed mouth about the pricing. I'll bet this thing costs more than even a high-end Mighty Mule opener.