My flagstone project.

/ My flagstone project. #11  
I totally understand. I'd be all over that hoe here in Missouri for $5K. I'd probably be on it for $7K knowing the owner.

You need to price 3pt hoes. They are stupid expensive. They are also HARD on the host tractor. Not familiar with your tractor, but, for example, do your pedal brakes lock? If not then you are dependent on your HST to hold the tractor in place. My neighbor's JD doesn't have brake locks. It uses a park pin in the power shift trans. The pin is almost gone. I don't trust it at all on a hill. His has sheared the top link pin twice since he's been my neighbor. Extreme high guess is 75hrs of use in that time.

Keep me posted if you sell and do something different. I'd be interested in your opinions. :)

/ My flagstone project.
I see 3pt hoes here, in the 9-10 ft range, that appear decent, in the $2500 range.

But my idea isn't to use it as a 3pt hoe. I'll fab a sub-frame mount. Which I would likely have to do anyway because what are the odds of finding one off a MX anyway.

I just think it would be so much handier for 90% of what I do. And would allow me to trailer it and offer that as a service as well as bushhogging. But when needed, there is certainly no replacement for the big matching. Which is why I'm torn

/ My flagstone project. #13  
I see 3pt hoes here, in the 9-10 ft range, that appear decent, in the $2500 range.

But my idea isn't to use it as a 3pt hoe. I'll fab a sub-frame mount. Which I would likely have to do anyway because what are the odds of finding one off a MX anyway.

I just think it would be so much handier for 90% of what I do. And would allow me to trailer it and offer that as a service as well as bushhogging. But when needed, there is certainly no replacement for the big matching. Which is why I'm torn

I understand your dilemma. Great price on hoes there. Twice that here. And so are full sized hoes like your old Ford.

/ My flagstone project.
I understand your dilemma. Great price on hoes there. Twice that here. And so are full sized hoes like your old Ford.

There are alot of 3500-5000 hoe attachments here as well. Just every once in a while you see some ~$2500 ones.

Full sized hoes....hit or miss. With 1960's-1970's equipment....condition is everything. Might see some that look good, and comand premium prices.....but need alot of "unseen" work. And some, that don't look so good, but are mechanically alot more sound, than can be had for less.

Dads also kicking around the idea of selling his Ford 4500. but its a good lookin, good running, and tighter machine than my 5500. Probably worth $8k'ish. Its not got the power and reach of the 5500, would never dream of moving this rock, and about 6000# lighter.....but still alot more machine than a backhoe "attachment".

I'll probably end up keeping the old ford. I have cursed at it more than once, but when I need the capacity and power that machine offers.....it always puts a smile on my face. Just like having to fetch this big boulder. I was already kicking around plan B, C, D in my head about how to get this rock home. And when I scooped it up and she curled, what a joy. Then when i actually lifted it with the lift cylinders.....priceless.

/ My flagstone project. #15  
I bought my 580k back in 2003 to clear the wooded land I bought to build a house. My plan was to sell it and get something like my 4240. But each time I thought about it a project came up and the price for a hoe for a compact tractor was close enough to being a wash so I just kept it. Even last summer I built a retaining wall with large rocks. I thought I had some pictures but can't seam to find any. I'm sure some of them were over 5000lbs. I was easily able to lift and place them where I wanted with the hoe. These were rocks that I would never even think about trying to lift with my Kubota. Even selling it and renting when needed just seams like too much work. Right now I can decide to do work when I feel like it.

/ My flagstone project. #16  
I've got a rock for sale. Only $500. Delivery not included.

IMG_0433.JPG