Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply?

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #1  

Wakey

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
I've been trying to research this online and I found some threads elsewhere singing the praises of a unit that Tractor Supply no longer sells. Here is the unit they do sell..

CountyLine T-Fence Post Puller - For Life Out Here

It is rated very well but that is dubious at best on the TS website.

I don't have a tractor or a jack so I'm a bit limited. We are talking 10 tposts that have been in place since '93.

Thanks!

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #2  
Don't have that one, but I made one just like it and it works great. No bent posts like you get when rocking the post back and forth to try and pull it out of the hole.

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #3  
I've had two with no name on them. One was about twice the weight of the other. I never bent the light one, but was always a bit nervous about it. Finally gave it away when I found the heavy one at a garage sale.

I wouldn't buy one for only 10 posts. Here are some ideas.

"t post" puller - YouTube

Bruce

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #4  
Wakey
The one you've shown also has a chain clevis. I suspect that is the only difference. I never seen one like that but it might come in handy. For pulling T-posts, they are very efficient. Sometimes I will use a spade and pry it out of the ground rather than lug the heavy thing around and maybe pinch a finger.

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #5  
I have used the Harbor Freight one to pull maybe 200-300 posts over the last 5-6 years. Works great.

If it is only 10, you can use a board or a the t-post pounder to pull up the posts. Push the posts back slightly (too much and they bend) and then jam the board or pounder in at a steep angle so that it catches on one of the nubs on the post. Then pull/push the post back upright. Repeat several times The board/pounder acts like a lever to ratched the post out of the ground.

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #6  
I used the Harbor Freight one for years- finally broke it on a stubborn post. I bought the TSC one you reference. I have not used it yet but it "appears" to be stronger - better built than the Harbor Freight model that I bought 10 years ago. These are very useful and work reasonably well on most posts. I have also used the middle chain hook on a FEL and a chain on a few that would not budge with one of the manual post pullers.

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #7  
If you have a post driver, the posts will be easier to pull if you drive them a couple of inches deeper before pulling.

Bruce

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #8  
I used a pair of 2x4s bolted loosely at the bottom like pliers to grab and lever out

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #9  
I have one and overall it works very well. Not as good as a loader bucket and a chain but for solo work on T-posts, it is fine. If your soil is soggy, not an issue lately, you may want to place a piece of wood under the foot to keep the foot from sinking into the ground.

About the only thing this puller has failed me on is pulling 8 foot ground rods. That kind of work is where the chain hook comes into play. I clamp some vice grips onto something and chain it and have at it.

/ Have you used the County Line T-post puller sold at Tractor Supply? #10  
Works great and real easy. Beats pulling your guts out trying to yank a t-post out.