Who do you buy a pole barn or metal barn kit from ?

/ Who do you buy a pole barn or metal barn kit from ? #21  
Our major item is a 14 x 14 door so we can drive our motorhome in. Its 38 feet long and 12 foot high. Plus a 10 x 10 door so i can drive the tractor in without having to collapse the roll bar.

Today, I would build a 46x70' with two 27' wide doors. Maybe three doors. Then anything will fit in there and believe me, we will all try. Most of all, the wife has a place to store all her stuff and equipment is out of the sun and weather. Barns pay for themselves in recaptured asset value, convenience and wife happiness.

/ Who do you buy a pole barn or metal barn kit from ?
Today, I would build a 46x70' with two 27' wide doors. Maybe three doors. Then anything will fit in there and believe me, we will all try. Most of all, the wife has a place to store all her stuff and equipment is out of the sun and weather. Barns pay for themselves in recaptured asset value, convenience and wife happiness.

Nothing like keeping the DW happy ! I do have a 20x28 woodshop i built last year. You are right on keeping implements out of the weather. Plus where we live you have to keep things locked up !!

/ Who do you buy a pole barn or metal barn kit from ? #23  
Seems like good advice. I'm surprised that so many recommended not doing it yourself. I desperately need another roof, but my land slopes and is FULL of trees! Nice big pines, about 50-60 I need to take down for a barn site. And, you cannot even give them away! I've been trying for a few years to get someone to take them, but around here in Columbia County, GA, even small operators won't come get these beautiful huge southern yellow pines... So, if you have a site that is fairly flat with no trees to remove, I think you're way ahead!

I got a quote from National Barn company. 40x60x16 with 1 14x14 OH door and 2 10x10 OH door plus 1 36" service door. Post 10 ft OC and trusses 5 foot OC. Total cost for delivery, materials and installation is $26,000. That's roughly $10 a sq ft.

/ Who do you buy a pole barn or metal barn kit from ? #26  
I got a quote from National Barn company. 40x60x16 with 1 14x14 OH door and 2 10x10 OH door plus 1 36" service door. Post 10 ft OC and trusses 5 foot OC. Total cost for delivery, materials and installation is $26,000. That's roughly $10 a sq ft.

A "quote" is not the same as a farm show special or a promotional special. That ought to be two wider doors on a bigger (46x70?) building. That price looks like an everyday deal. How thick is the metal? Overhang on the eves? Include an inside wainscoting so you don't dent the metal and it shows outside? I think 10' OC posts is the low-buck barn and 7'6" the higher $$ bldg.

It would be nice if you could find some completed buildings and take a look. That really helped me.

A "quote" is not the same as a farm show special or a promotional special. That ought to be two wider doors on a bigger (46x70?) building. That price looks like an everyday deal. How thick is the metal? Overhang on the eves? Include an inside wainscoting so you don't dent the metal and it shows outside? I think 10' OC posts is the low-buck barn and 7'6" the higher $$ bldg.

It would be nice if you could find some completed buildings and take a look. That really helped me.

The metal is 29 gauge i would like 26. Its $2800 extra for 1 ft overhang eaves. Rat guard is extra $300. I just need one 14x14 door. The other 2 10x10 doors will work fine. Fully insulated is $3800 extra, roof only would be $1800. Don't need the insulation but i do want a vapor barrier installed under the metal roof. I will ask if they have any barns in the area they have built. Its all about the 'extras' just like buying a car....

/ Who do you buy a pole barn or metal barn kit from ? #28  
You just need one door NOW. Later may/will be different. The overhang -two ft--should be part of the deal. If you can get a Walters Bldg there, comparison shop. I think your price is high but buildings are local and priced accordingly. Do your homework.

/ Who do you buy a pole barn or metal barn kit from ? #29  
I too live in tn I wanted a shop wanted to build myself but knew the wife and I could not do it alone. What I did was had a guy and his crew put in the 6x6s and trusses and roof and gable ends then wife and I did the rest then hired out the concrete after I formed it up may be an option for you to go this way ????

You just need one door NOW. Later may/will be different. The overhang -two ft--should be part of the deal. If you can get a Walters Bldg there, comparison shop. I think your price is high but buildings are local and priced accordingly. Do your homework.

Walters doesn't come down to Tennessee. I do have a quote out to Lester pole barns. Oh...I am doing my homework, its all in the details. I don't want to have to put in a door later...better to get it done while the building is getting framed out. I am not going to rush it !