Stumping

/ Stumping #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Been working on 5 acres I had clear cut but I also cut some out of my yard. This big ol sweetgum stump is going down kicking and screaming. First I attempted to dig it out with a rented mini excavator but only upset it. Next I built a big fire on top and it refused to burn. After getting the backhoe I finally got it out of the ground. Finally I have put in into three different raging burn piles. The final pile has gone out and I can't wait to see what is left of it in the morning. I may eventually have to bury the remains and hope it doesn't re sprout.

stumped.jpg

Sweetgum3.jpg

20170221_104205_resized.jpg

Putting the finishing touches on the front acre. Only four more to go. :cool2:

/ Stumping #2  
Looking good :thumbsup: ...nice backhoe.

/ Stumping #3  
I hope you aren't planning to clear cut the other 4 acres. A few trees always make the property look nice, not a thicket or cluster of saplings, but older trees spread out enough so that sun can get to the forest floor for grass to grow.

/ Stumping
The 5 acres are already clear cut. Left a couple of oaks and several oaks on the back line. Will plant a few trees later but not going to be a stand of pines again. Only got 5 grand out of a 40 year old stand and left a 25 grand mess.

/ Stumping #5  
Congrats, some of those stumps can be really challenging to get out.