Good Price for 24x24 pole barn?

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #1  

willy1947

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 GST
Just had a pole barn priced. 24x24 with 1 sliding door and one 36" walk in door. 10' ceiling, gravel floor, no insulation. Just a plain and simple barn. They quoted me $5465.00 installed This is assuming the excavation is complete before they start.

Does this seem like a good price?

Dave

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #2  
I don't know where in Indiana you are located, but I priced a similar size pole barn and got a similar price here in the N.W. corner of Indiana.

But then the lovely wife got involved and the barn features started to skyrocket, and then the shape changed, and then she wanted brick and then she thought about adding a small effeciency apartment for visiting guests and then, much to the surprise of all, the price ballooned beyond what any reasonable and rational person might spend so we scrapped the whole project . . . so now I don't have a barn /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and I can't continue to buy and restore old Oliver tractors until I find some space to do work on them /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but the lovely lady in my life is going to visit the in-laws for 5 weeks this summer so you never know what might happen when she is gone /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #3  
Bob, here's a suggestion. Start having discussions with the wife about either a small dog house or a hutch for one rabbit. If the ballooning effect occurs in the same manner, then by the time all is said and done you should have a nice 24 by 36 Pole barn.

My wife is more of a slasher so I have been discussing a 100 by 250 riding arena fully insulated with forced air heat/ac, hot and cold running water, satellite TV and a small sauna. I 'll probably end up with that dog house.

Mike

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #4  
Sounds just about right to me too. I just got a quote for a 36' x 120' pole building and it came in at $27,300.

Dave

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #5  
Poppa

I like your approach. You got to know your woman and play her like a 10 pound bass. the only problem is that most of us men aren't that smart and if she ever finds out ... you're dead!!!!!

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #6  
Price is $9.49 a sq ft. A little high for my area, but we don't have to build for a snow load. If you built it yourself, I'd expect materials to run you about half that.

Are you still planning on converting it to a living area? If so, there wont be any space left for a tractor or equipment. 24X24 is only 576 sq ft. A small bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink is going to be about 60 to 80 sq ft at a minimum. Add a bed, lose another 60 to 80 ft, kitchen, sitting area, closet and your over 400 sq ft real quick and thats cutting corners to build as small as possible.

Most RV's are around 300 to 400 sq ft.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob, here's a suggestion. Start having discussions with the wife about either a small dog house or a hutch for one rabbit. If the ballooning effect occurs in the same manner, then by the time all is said and done you should have a nice 24 by 36 Pole barn.

Mike )</font>

Poppa, my Ventrac showed up the day after my wife went back to work. My New Holland arrived a couple days after she left to visit the in-laws. Something tells me that a tablesaw magically arrived on another trip to the in-laws. But my new tiller arrived when she was crabby and I heard about that one for weeks. . .

Obviously for me, timing is everything /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn?
No, this won't be for a living quarters. This is just going to be a barn to store things in until I can afford to move down there. For instance I would keep my tractor and attachments in it. I don't want to leave the tractor out in the weather. Most of the time I'll have it at my parent's house, but on the weekends I'll be down at the property.

At some point I'll have a concrete floor put it and power. I may even add some insulation. This would probably happen after I move down there though.

My living quarters barn will be 40'x60' with a 40x40 attached living quarters.

Dave

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just had a pole barn priced. 24x24 with 1 sliding door and one 36" walk in door. 10' ceiling, gravel floor, no insulation. Just a plain and simple barn. They quoted me $5465.00 installed This is assuming the excavation is complete before they start.

Does this seem like a good price? Dave)</font>

That sounds like a decent price to me as long as they are a reputable business. G

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #10  
A cheap storage solution for your tractor and equipment are sea containers. I bought two. Delivered from Dallas 100 miles to my place cost a little over $3,000.

40 feet long, 8 feet tall and wide.

For an additional $20 they will weld on some plateing to protect the lock. If you loose the key, your gonna need a cutting torch to get in.

Good luck,
Eddie