Removing dirt and going with concrete for barn.

/ Removing dirt and going with concrete for barn.
Eddie,
I have been accused of many many things, genius was never one of them.:laughing: It's only because I seen others on here make them that way.

James,
I will have to set my ballast box on something about 6" inches high when not in use. I "engineered" it so I can let the 3 point all the way down and it will still be off the ground about 4". In my head it was "low center of gravity." If needed I can always lift it a little.
I have used my Spring Tooth Harrow and Disc Harrow as a counter weight. I'll be a little more direct, it sucked, always watching everything so close so as to not hit anything. Case in point, here's a picture.

20150911_152657.jpg

/ Removing dirt and going with concrete for barn. #52  
I love it, this is great. I would love to do the same thing in our barn, you have inspired me! (And the ballast box is awesome too)

I have painted the concrete, still need to paint the upper and lower link connections. But here is the ballast box so far.

DSCN2917.JPG
DSCN2916.JPG
DSCN2918.JPG
DSCN2919.JPG

/ Removing dirt and going with concrete for barn. #54  
Really impressive how neat and orderly you do everything!!!

/ Removing dirt and going with concrete for barn. #55  
That is very nice looking for sure.

/ Removing dirt and going with concrete for barn. #56  
I don't want to take any chances so I'll wait until the end of next week. Then move it into the barn to paint it.

Even though my wife is anxious to paint it right now.:)

Concrete strength cures over a long period of time. In the construction industry 3,7 and 28 days are some rough guidelines. 3 days to walk on it and begin to layout walls etc. 7 days before some heavier loads like lumber piles etc. It must achieve it's rated compressive strength at 28 days.
If the ballast box was mine I'd move and paint it after a week (the paint looks good!). But wait 28 days or so before I was bouncing it around doing heavy tractor work. It may be fine sooner but their is no reason to risk it- you can't uncrack concrete.

Thanks Eddie and James.

Rneumann, Even though I want to use it real bad I will wait at least another week.

I do have everything painted now. When I get it hooked up I'll take another picture.

So I hooked up the ballast box long enough to pull it outside and take a couple pictures. Still waiting to actually use it on the advice of Rneumann.

Should be cutting my hay in about 3 weeks so I'll get to stack it on my new smooth concrete floor.:thumbsup:

20170526_131414.jpg
20170526_131445.jpg

/ Removing dirt and going with concrete for barn. #59  
Looks good!

Looks good!

Thanks,
I am eagerly waiting to use it. I have a few projects around the place that will be nice having it on.
I also just bought a hay bale loading gizzmo called "Rocky Mountain Bale Sweep" that will require using the ballast box. Thanks for your help.