Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #1  

Snowback

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
A neighbor of mine picked up a shed from another neighbor, and needed it moved a few hundred yards down and across the street. I offered to help not realizing how big a job it was. (12'x 20' metal shed and a couple of fences needed to come down). It actually went fairly smoothly and no one was hurt in the process. The first few pics were before I showed up. I assure everyone that extreme safety protocols were enacted after I showed up with the 2538 and trailer.

The original plan was for the guys to load it on a 12' trailer they had and move it all with a truck. I used every inch of the tractor's tight turning radius... Sure glad they called me as it could have ended differently. :thumbsup:

Shed Move 1.jpg

Shed Move 2.jpg

Shed Move 3.jpg

Shed Move 4.jpg

Shed Move 5.jpg

Shed Move 6.jpg

Shed Move 7.jpg

Shed Move 8.jpg

Shed Move 9.jpg

Shed Move 10.jpg

Shed Move 12.jpg

Shed Move 14.jpg

Shed Move 11.jpg

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #2  
Wow - Great move. :thumbsup:

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #4  
Nice job!.....that does look like quite a project.

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #5  
"I assure everyone that extreme safety protocols were enacted after I showed up with the 2538 and trailer."

That may very well be but you still used cinder blocks as cribbing. If one of them would have let go....

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #6  
That may very well be but you still used cinder blocks as cribbing. If one of them would have let go....

....and with the block's oriented in the weak direction.
Got it done though!:thumbsup:

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #7  
Gotta love it when plan comes together. :thumbsup:

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #8  
Great job. I just built a 6x14 x 7' tall chicken house for a neighbor on my utility trailer (same type as in your pics). Getting it off was to pick up one end with pallet forks on my 6530 and drag it down the trailer to the end and then do like what you did with the jacks, one on each side, lift that end off the trailer and then move the trailer out of the way and a few inches at a time let her down, block by block. Taking your time, thinking through the process, it'll work.

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #9  
Fun project and a good looking grapple!!!

/ Shed Move with Tractor - Redneck Engineering #10  
I got a 3 ton jack like that and sometimes it's very hard to balance stuff on it. Glad they got it moved all in one piece.

My neighbor had an old time wooden chicken house, 12x12x7' tall and heavy. I had to drag it maybe a mile or so to my place on skids. He wouldn't let me hook onto it with my 45 HP 4WD Deere and he didn't think his 60 HP had the balls so he had his buddy come over with a 100 HP red tractor to pull it. I told him mine would pull something like that but he was insistent (insert strange duck) on getting a big tractor. So he pulled it and I went along side to spray water on the road in front of the runners to keep lubricated and not on fire from the friction.

After it was spotted and they left, I just pulled it around to where I really wanted it, without even breaking a sweat. I couldn't even lift a corner but could pull it easily.