Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti RX7320 Power Shuttle Cab, Komatsu PC130-6

Default Re: My Industrial Cabin Build

Well I don't see any damage to the tank. There is a standard cement tank before it, but this is to "clean the water. The electric line from tank will have to be replaced. Because it was probably the only thing that kept the tank from being blown out of the hole and down the hill by the wind.

I have some good pictures of my pond and bridge spillway. Quite a bit of water coming down the mountain today.

Elite Member

We love our SIP home (floor, outside walls, roof). We have a basic rancher on a crawl space.. Built it all ourselves, except hired the foundation (would have done this ourselves, but had no where to reuse the plywood we would have used for foundation. We also hired an operator with backhoe to trench the drainfield (600'). I worked as his helper and we did the whole 600' feet in one day. Wife and daughters helped me put pipe in, then backhoe operator filled trenches. It was all a learning experience for sure. I remember starting the shingles on the roof first week of Nov, north side frosted and never melted off, south side had snow as we worked. It was hard that first year as I had used up all my vacation and had to work on house nights and weekends. We living onsite in 1952 trailer, with ice chest and porta potty until we got sewer and electrical in. Wife was a hard worker (we had 3 young daughters, 2/4/6 years old). We used pallets for sidewalks to avoid walking in the clay mud.
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD
    2016 Ferris IS700Z 52" Briggs 27hp commercial turf series

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4

I rented nearby when i built. Did most of mine myself also, while working full time.
    2010 - L3940HSTC, QA FEL, BH92
    2010 - Husqvarna YTH24V48LS (the other orange)
    2005 - L5030HST,QA,FEL
    198x - MF 205-4
    1990 - Wheelhorse 212H
    2017-ratchet rake, 2008-KK Tiller, 2006-Pallet forks, 2002-Carryall, 2000-PHD, 1999 - Trailer, 1999-6' rotary mower, 1999-cultivator, 1998-KK Finish Mower, 1998-Blade,1992 - Troybilt tiller, 2 wheel barrows, assorted gardening tools,
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/r...life-farm.html

Tractor

Cement guy was going to pour tomorrow. He went up today to check everything out. There was a wind storm last night. it lifted everyone thing out and folded it over and destroyed the work I did. kinked some of the pex lines, broke some of my rough plumbing. I will be going up tomorrow after work and assess the damage. I don't have another week of vacation to blow on this, so I will probably not have cement for a month or more.

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

F*&#ing wind.
    Hang in there and don't bring those (jumbo) frustrations in to your household. We're all with you here and I wish I were closer to give you a hand.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7305

Oh man. What a blow to the gut. So sorry, man. We certainly had our own share of setbacks when I built a home in the woods a couple years ago. But by and large I look back and think how lucky I got to avoid disaster a few times.

You can, and will, rebuild. Under a dry roof this summer. Keep after it, we're all pulling for you!!

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

That's a very disappointing set back. Sorry that you are having to deal with it and wishing you the best of luck for the next time!!!

Tractor

I got that info first thing this morning. I didn't tell my wife till after lunch. When she came home tonight I could see the defeat in her eyes. I told her it was just the mountain testing us to make sure we are worthy stewards. It will suck but I will just dig in and start working, once I assess it. My cement guy sent me a couple pictures and it looks like there are a couple kinked pex lines so I will have to replace some but I'm not sure how many. It is a pretty bad mess. I'll know more Saturday morning when I walk out there and check it out. This time when I do it I will be putting large stones on the work to keep wind from being able to get under it.

Tractor

I don't have good pictures, just these two that he sent. My Industrial Cabin Build-img_9309-jpg

My Industrial Cabin Build-img_9308-jpg

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers and now one Kubota

Keep hanging in there, we are all cheering for you and your family. Show that mountain you have what it takes!

David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast