barbed wire fence question

/ barbed wire fence question #1  

kzehr75

Tractor
dont own
im going to have to run my new fence up onto and across a pond dam. not across the pond but across the pond dam on the end of the pond. im using steel pipe h braces cemented in the ground. should i put an h brace at the bottom of the pond dam and then another on top of the pond dam and same thing on the other side with wire and t posts between or could i put an h brace on the bottom on both sides of the pond dam and just use t posts at the top and across the pond dam to the other side? also, whats the shortest barbed wire can be between two posts that is anchored to? for my gate, i have a post that my gate is hung on and it is going to be about 8-10 feet from a h brace. can i use wire or do i need to weld pipe in? thanks

/ barbed wire fence question #2  
That depends on how long you want the wire on top of the dam to stay "tight" and look nice. I would imagine the tension would some day drag it down without bracing on top of the dam. Same thing from 45 degree turns. Do you put bracing in 45 degree turns?

I, myself, would not put a fence anywhere near a dam. I drive equipment too often on top to maintain the dam and do silt clean out.
hugs, Brandi