Equipment shed.

/ Equipment shed. #11  
Nice work. Anxious to see the progress.

I added 600 sq ft to my machine shed last Summer by myself. It's good for the Soul. Bad for the back. :D

/ Equipment shed.
Nice work. Anxious to see the progress.

I added 600 sq ft to my machine shed last Summer by myself. It's good for the Soul. Bad for the back. :D

I sure agree on the good for the soul and bad for the back.
My wife is my helper, does a good job.

I will have a total of 2000 SQ. ft when finished.

I will have 2 overhead doors and one walkthrough.

/ Equipment shed.
Additional framing and some construction details.

How the new rafters are attached to the existing shed.
First attached with screws.

IMG_0023.JPG

Then welded with E 6011 1/8 rod. Be advised, I am not a welder.
IMG_0024.JPG

/ Equipment shed. #14  
I sure agree on the good for the soul and bad for the back.
My wife is my helper, does a good job.

I will have a total of 2000 SQ. ft when finished.

I will have 2 overhead doors and one walkthrough.

Oh wow, you need to take some pics of the whole building. I'm a bit confused about what you did to start the add-on? Remove siding? So you are more than doubling the size of your building? Awesome!!!! :)

/ Equipment shed.
Oh wow, you need to take some pics of the whole building. I'm a bit confused about what you did to start the add-on? Remove siding? So you are more than doubling the size of your building? Awesome!!!! :)

I started out with a 40' shipping container. I built a shed and it was attached to the container. That shed was 20'x40' To start this addition to the existing 20'x40' shed, I had to remove the TRIM on the existing shed, 2 nd picture.

#18 Roof frame welding complete.JPG

Origional shed. I removed the blue trim.

#28 North wall installed.JPG

When I get all finished it will have a total of 2000 Sq. ft and be fully enclosed with 2 overhead doors and 1 walkthrough.

Last edited:
   / Equipment shed. #16  
Yep, got it now!! Thanks for the explanation. :)

/ Equipment shed. #17  
Did you have it engineered? I'm wondering why the metal spans so close together for just a roof?

/ Equipment shed.
Did you have it engineered? I'm wondering why the metal spans so close together for just a roof?

Not engineered. Just me, I always overbuild. Mainly its because the way I had to run the rafters.

/ Equipment shed. #19  
How did you attach the rafters to the side of the container? Did you drill through it to attach bolts?

/ Equipment shed.
How did you attach the rafters to the side of the container? Did you drill through it to attach bolts?

Like this.

#9 on new pad 15 inches higher.JPG

#10 Header with brackets for rafters.JPG

#18 Roof frame welding complete.JPG