Trusty JD and a big Log

/ Trusty JD and a big Log #1  

Dave Pee

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2032R 2015
Cleaning up my neighbors yard. Ran across this dry pine tree - about 30 ft long. No problem lifting it with grapple and 32 HP.

Tractor with big log.jpg

/ Trusty JD and a big Log #2  
I guess we have different standards for a big log.

/ Trusty JD and a big Log #4  
Yep, my big log has roots on it: :D

PC260056.JPG

It was vertical earlier:

PC260038.JPG

/ Trusty JD and a big Log #5  
My big log weighed 10k with the top of the tree gone. My tractor couldn't hardly lift the top part so it was more than a ton. IMG_0073.JPG Here's another big one IMG_0096.JPG

Last edited:
   / Trusty JD and a big Log #6  
How big is big? It is relative term conventionally.

Six ft. tall may be considered tall in a group that averages five and a half feet. Six ft. Tall in an NBA dressing room might be considered short!

/ Trusty JD and a big Log #7  
Considering you can't cut the red woods I consider anything I can't cut with a 20" bar "big". IMG_0601.JPG

/ Trusty JD and a big Log #8  
Pardon the forks, they're chained to the bucket haha. Forks are off a forklift, still has the huge 1" steel plates on the back of it. Having it this far forward of the pins doesn't help with my lift capacity. I had my brother cut it down, all those vines you see are poison ivy which I get pretty badly and he does not!

Attachments

• image-1799298423.jpg
    image-1799298423.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 206
   / Trusty JD and a big Log #9  
Unless I had my buddy who's not allergic to that crap I'd have left that alone. I'd probably be in the hospital after cutting that log.

/ Trusty JD and a big Log #10  
I've had friends who seemed to think I should drop everything I have to do and eradicate poison oak/ivy from my woods. I just don't invite them into the woods.