Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's.

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's. #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
The door is an insulate steel door. It is 7' x 16'. I purchased the door with a low headroom kit with the dual tracks. If you look at the pictures, the top panel with the windows bows down on the ends if that makes sense. When the door goes back down, it fits back in, but it looks like that could be an issue down the road.

Also, the cable that is attached to the torsion rod rubs on the track. I can't seem to adjust it any way for it to clear the track. See third picture.

I am going to call Amarr support next week, but I don't know if they can do much or not. They usually don't like to deal with dyi.

Door1.PNGDoor2.PNGDoor3.PNG

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's. #2  
I’ve never seen a door that didn’t have hinges between each panel. It looks their is holes to mount them- where are they?

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's. #3  
Step back a little and take pictures of the hinges.

Needs a roller on each side.

Door1.PNG

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's. #4  
Sure looks like something is missing there. Is there part of a missing hinge not attached to the pictured roller. Or whole hinge missing ?

Would be nice to know what the other side looked like. Is that 2nd track and what ever is in it causing the offset ? Or should the wheel in the picture be in the second track ?

Just tossing out ideas

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's. #5  
The drum needs to be moved out for the cable to clear the track.
The double track/top closing doors are really tricky on some units.
I have worked on hundreds of semi trailer and dock doors and they all have their own trouble areas.
Especially after they wear from a lot of use.
Just imagine a semi trailer bouncing down the road for many thousands of miles.

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's.
I was able to trim the front of the track to clear the cable. I could really move the drum either way that would actually work. It is a double track system for the low headroom. Just the top wheel goes in the upper track and the other wheels follow the bottom track. I followed the directions and there is no hinges on the outer part of the door. Here are more pictures of the whole door.

d1.PNGD2.PNGd3.PNG

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's. #7  
Also, after a few years of using a new 16' door, the panels will start bowing in the middle and you will need to add some intermediate 'ribs' like the ones at the top and bottom. Might consider adding them now to avoid the hassle.

Here is another pic with the door fully open. The second panel is doing the same thing, just not as bad.

d4.PNG

I did think about that. It wouldn't hurt. That would really stiffen the door nicely.

Also, after a few years of using a new 16' door, the panels will start bowing in the middle and you will need to add some intermediate 'ribs' like the ones at the top and bottom. Might consider adding them now to avoid the hassle.

/ Just replaced a garage door and have some odd issue's. #10  
Did this door come as a kit? You should have a hinge that holds the roller on each end and the cable pulleys needs to be on the inside of the rails.

9k=