Old truck windows getting too stiff......

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #21  
Honda recommends a product called Shin Etsu for this specific purpose. I have used it for 15 years on most European car window tracks it works very well.

Amazon.com: Genuine Honda 8798-913 Silicone Grease: Automotive
What is different about that from regular silicone grease?
Nevermind, the specific product I had in mind cost more sheesh, what a rip off.
Check this out at Amazon.com
Genuine Ford Fluid XG-3-A Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound - 3 oz. Amazon.com: Genuine Ford Fluid XG-3-A Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound - 3 oz.: Automotive

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #22  
No idea but it works. I guess if the difference in having windows that work well or losing $16 bucks I'll take the windows. The tube of this lasts for years.

Can't even buy a case of beer for $16 bucks these days but if you have beer AND well working windows in your Blazer it makes life easier to throw your cans out the well working windows on the fly.:laughing:

Regards, Fred

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #23  
Unless someone put the wrong doors on it, you don't have a '75. Until (and including) 1975 models, the entire top came off from the windshield back and the doors had frameless windows.

69 to 72 had the removable top that went to the windsheild

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #24  
No idea but it works. I guess if the difference in having windows that work well or losing $16 bucks I'll take the windows. The tube of this lasts for years.

Can't even buy a case of beer for $16 bucks these days but if you have beer AND well working windows in your Blazer it makes life easier to throw your cans out the well working windows on the fly.:laughing:

Regards, Fred
Last time I was involved in something like that me and 3 friends were 4 wheeling in a brand new 4 door jeep rubicon. It was cold out I thought my buddy driving had his window down. I whizzed a empty 16oz can past his face, turned out the window was up. The mouth end of the can whacked the window so hard we all thought it was going to break.

I can't throw them out the window while driving and get them to land in the truck bed anymore either.

Guess I'm old now.

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #25  
69 to 72 had the removable top that went to the windsheild

I don't know where that information came from. My 1975 K Blazer was the last year for the fully removable top. A bud got a new one in 1976 and his top was permanent from the windshield to just behind the front seats.

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #26  
Chevrolet K5 Blazer - Wikipedia

The K5 Blazer and Jimmy had "full convertible" removable tops until 1975. In 1976, GM introduced a half-cab design that was less prone to leaks and slightly safer in a roll-over. These half cabs are convertible starting at a few inches behind the driver/passenger doors all the way back to the tailgate.

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #27  
I don't know where that information came from. My 1975 K Blazer was the last year for the fully removable top. A bud got a new one in 1976 and his top was permanent from the windshield to just behind the front seats.

I stand corrected.
I have never seen a second gen body style that had the full removable top

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff...... #28  
I stand corrected.
I have never seen a second gen body style that had the full removable top

They probably rusted away before you had a chance to see them:)

Mine had rust-through "eyebrows" over the wheels by 1978. That's when I did major body repair and a color change. I replaced metal with real metal and did an "Amish Ziebart" treatment on it then. It consisted of pumping tar into the nooks and crannies with a piece of copper tube on a hose. Most were accessible through holes where lights were removed but I did have to drill some. I temporarily plugged body drain holes and let the cavities soak for an hour or so, then pulled the plugs and caught the tar for the next panel. After 5 more years it started rusting again anyway. My backyard fix lasted a couple years longer than the way it came from the factory.

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff......
About 5 DECADES ago I was an apprentice Cadillac/Olds mechanic. They used tubes and tubes of SILICONE gel on all weather striping to prevent squeaks. doors, trunks, hood stops etc. Great to prevent squeaks....I even tried it on chapped lips....didn't work:mad:

/ Old truck windows getting too stiff......
Diamond farm: I'm not aware that a K5 was built in '69. and the full fiberglass top went up to '75