Pulled this old Oliver out of the field...

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #1  

mopardude318

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 HD12 Oliver 550
I know nothing about these tractors, but it's been sitting for 15-20 years. Today I got a wild hair on my backside and thought I would try to get it running. I pulled the plugs, oiled the cylinders, aired up the tires and pulled it out with my truck. It rolled freely, so I had my wife put it in gear and pop the clutch just to get the engine spinning and free, which it did with ease. It shifts through gears, brakes and clutch all work! I need to build a wiring harness, get some battery cables & battery, make new plug wires, and overhaul the carb & fuel lines. I think thats it...lol. Any tips?

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #2  
Are you sure it has been parked for 15 - 20 years? The tyres appear to be in better condition than that, or has it only recently been evicted from a shed?

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #3  
Are you sure it has been parked for 15 - 20 years? The tyres appear to be in better condition than that, or has it only recently been evicted from a shed?
My thoughts too. Anyways, a fun project for sure if you got some time to tinker and clean it up. One thing for sure is I would get matching front tires. This would drive me crazy but that's just me.

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #4  
Around my neck of woods if it was out there 15- 20 years there was a reason why. Agree with others it really don't look too bad.

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #5  
Nice score!

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #6  
That may very well be a rare tractor. Looks to be an Oliver 550 Industrial. Probably the only difference is the front cowling, and grill. I did a photo search, and only found one, and it's in a salvage yard. Model number decal says 551. Used Oliver 550 tractor parts - EQ-21198 | All States Ag Parts

Hope it doesn't take much to get it going, that's a pretty unique model 550. If you happen to needs parts, such as castings, etc., here's a list of 24 in various salvage yards. TractorHouse.com | OLIVER 55 Dismantled Machines - 24 Listings - Page 1.

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field...

It belonged to my wife's parents. She think's they got it around 1974 or so...From what my M-I-L can remember, they drove it to that spot on the property, she didn't know why, and left it there. If I can get it running, I can have it. :) I sure wish my father in law was still around.

My thoughts too. Anyways, a fun project for sure if you got some time to tinker and clean it up. One thing for sure is I would get matching front tires. This would drive me crazy but that's just me.

Yes, I will for sure get the correct front tires!

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #8  
Sure looks good for sitting that long. Hopefully you can get it up and running again. Looks like a fun winter project!

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #9  
Nice find. Gotta love the wiring. Really easy to troubleshoot. I bet you could wiggle a wire right from the front to the back of the tractor.

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #10  
On yesterday’s tractors, YTMAG, there is a guy from Michigan, uses the handle rrlund. He is a expert on Oliver’s, and owns a couple of the 500 series.