had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #1  

Sprinklerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 1925 Kubota bx 24
I was cleaning leaves at my house ( suburban Maryland ) and my neighbors this morning ( neighbor is 84 ) . I had a hand held blower and my tractor was around back .While I am blowing out the corners a landscaper stops with his dump trailer , leaf vac and blowers . He tries to get me to let him do the leaves for $ 300 bucks . Young guy well spoken ,he tells me it will take me ALL day with that tiny blower . Even said something regarding my age that I may pull my back . So I have a bit of fun . I say " I think $300 is a bit steep for a half an hours work dont you ?"
He laughed "This will take the 2 of us at least 2 hours , no way we could do it in a half hour " I come back " No but I do this in a half hour " Want to watch me ? They are laughing and say sure and they start walking to their truck . So I walk around back and fire up the tractor with the 3 point blower , bring it around and leaves are flying . These 2 guys stop and turn around and the look on their face was priceless . I get off the machine , and asked them if they wanted to bet me now ? Their questions started flying , the 2 best ones were " why do you have something like that? " My reply was Because I can . Their other one was " Do you know how much money you could make with that ? " I told them " Its not how much I could make its how much I dont have to spend .

I did tell them to talk to the guy across the street and they got his job .

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #2  
Would love to see a picture of that blower....:tractor:

Rams

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #3  
Would have love to see their expressions on their faces!!!!

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #4  
Classic case of why it's best (if possible) to always hire the right equipment. MUCH better value usually.

I miss Maryland. Beautiful part of America!

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #5  
I do the same thing - can do our almost 3 acres of lawn, several flower beds, deck, patio, porches, and a big driveway, with a backpack and the 3pt blower in a few hrs. This also often includes the road and sides of ¾ miles of our road. 3 pt blowers are the way to clear leaves. They are awesome! Used to take me almost 2 full days to do all the leaves with a handheld gas blower.

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter
Would love to see a picture of that blower....:tractor:

Rams

Its an Olathe model 61 I dont have any pics but there are plenty on the net

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #7  
I don’t have to deal with the leaves like y’all but what’s wrong with just leaving them to accumulate and deal with them one time?

Brett

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #8  
IMG_0016 (1).jpg

Not trying to hijack the thread form the OP but thought I had a photo to give and idea of one type of 3pt blower.
Here is the one we use at the house. It is on the MX5100, that is next to our BX25 for reference.

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter #9  
I don’t have to deal with the leaves like y’all but what’s wrong with just leaving them to accumulate and deal with them one time?

Brett

1 year of leaving them and we have a dead yard around here. We are THICK with leaves - some spots get deep enough that if you don't keep cleaning them up you can't just drive through with the mid mount deck because they pile up in front and start dragging a big pile around.

/ had some fun with a landscaper today . But I liked him being a go getter

Brett

Around here the county can fine you for an unkept yard .