Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience.

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience. #1  

blackrams

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1210
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a thread about sand blasting, admitted then that I knew very little about the subject. The vendor did such an excellent job, I thought I'd share my experience.

Took one of my goosenecks to (near) Nashville, TN to have it blasted and painted.* *Thanks to a friend who spotted a Face Book ad for a Christmas special on media blasting.* *So, I took advantage of the deal.* *It was a very good price, I know this because, I have been trying to get this trailer blasted, primered and repainted for a couple of years but, it was always beyond my available $$$.* Another issue was I could never get a vendor to agree to blast and paint the bottom of the trailer.* *It's an all metal trailer so, that had to be accomplished.

Three colors were available with the "special", none was what I would have picked but, since that was all that was being offered, I selected the Almond color, kind of an Off White.* *Picked it over the Red or Black because, whether it's clean or dirty, it's still gonna look the same.* Off White.

Went back yesterday and retrieved the gooseneck.* *The entire trailer was blasted with steel shot peen, blown off of dust and then primer applied, used a two part epoxy primer then came back with a two part epoxy paint.* *The trailer looks amazing, can't tell you how impressed I am with the end result, especially considering the price.* *The Christmas Special was about 1/3rd of any of the other quotes I received and not one of them would include the belly of the monster. Master Blasters of TN did the entire trailer to include the belly of the monster.

Kudos to:

Blast Master of TN.
Home
615 920 6232

About 40 miles north of Nashville, TN.* I don't easily pass out praise but,*I highly recommend them.* *They don't just do trailers, I saw pictures of some hot rods and quite a few other projects they have done.* *

I can't post pics here but, if anyone wants to see the before, during and after pics, just email me and I'll be happy to share them with you.* I still have to reapply the DOT reflective tape and intend to install more LED lights but, she's beautiful.

Rams*

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience.
IMG_0204.JPG

What she looked like before this process.

Lowboy1.jpg

Lowboy2.jpg

Lowboy3.jpg

Lowboy4.jpg

Lowboy5.jpg

Lowboy6.jpg

Lowboy7.jpg

Lowboy8.jpg

Lowboy9.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Won't lie about it, I got some help with the pictures. *;)

Rams

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience. #3  
IMG_0204.JPG

What she looked like before this process.

Lowboy1.jpg

Lowboy2.jpg

Lowboy3.jpg

Lowboy4.jpg

Lowboy5.jpg

Lowboy6.jpg

Lowboy7.jpg

Lowboy8.jpg

Lowboy9.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Won't lie about it, I got some help with the pictures. *;)

Rams

You might consider some different "help".
The pictures are not here.

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience. #4  

http://images.fieroforum.com/2017/Lowboy1.jpg

Pictures are at the link, but the formatting is wrong. For the link above, I copied and pasted the part between the brackets.

Using the same, I can paste it the "insert image" "from URL" icon.

Lowboy1.jpg

Bruce

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience. #5  
   / Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience. #6  
That works.

Nice trailer.

Bruce

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience. #7  
Useful in Iraq. Blend right in.

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience. #8  
Commercial Sand Blasting takes serious equipment!
Low 1970's I worked for a company that repaired semi trailers and did sand blasting.
They had two 50 hp air compressors. One for the blast booth and one for the 28 bay shop!
The blast booth had a rubberized coating 10' up the walls because the blaster would blow holes in the concrete block.

/ Sand (media) Blasting and my trailer experience.
That works.

Nice trailer.

Bruce

Thanks, had it custom built to serve my specific needs. Had it a long time and over time my needs have changed and modifications were made. If you'll notice, the frame rails are wider than a typical gooseneck. Most vehicle's noses will fit between the gooseneck's uprights allowing me to haul a vehicle with it's nose over the front of the trailer.

Rams