Camp house Build

/ Camp house Build
Making progress on the floor. Next step is to start framing walls. Yes, T&G would have been preferred, but there is a reason why it wasn't used.

20180311_183916.jpg 20180311_155832.jpg 20180311_171518.jpg

/ Camp house Build #13  
Looking great. Do you have plans with elevation drawings so we can see the end goal?

/ Camp house Build #14  
I like the way your doing this. I need to build a cabin at a site where the ground is wet more often than not. I've thought about elevating the floor as one solution.

/ Camp house Build
Looking great. Do you have plans with elevation drawings so we can see the end goal?

I have plans but they have trouble getting out of my head and onto paper. My BIL is a manufacturing engineer and is working on the floor layout in CAD.

/ Camp house Build #17  
Camp house??? Sounds like a big azz man cave to me lol. Good luck with it, looks like ya'll are off to a great start.

/ Camp house Build #18  
Looks good. I like to see how things are done differently in other parts of the country. You would never get away with filling the hole with concrete and just using a short piece of Sona tube on the top in these parts :) The frost here would have a field day with the rough edges of the crete in the hole. Did you put rebar ladders in the piers? What did you use to support the insulation from underneath? OSB? When we built my buddies camp (very similar to yours so far) we used ISO ridgid insulation in the floors, the mice won't touch it like they will fiberglass.

/ Camp house Build
Looks good. I like to see how things are done differently in other parts of the country. You would never get away with filling the hole with concrete and just using a short piece of Sona tube on the top in these parts :) The frost here would have a field day with the rough edges of the crete in the hole. Did you put rebar ladders in the piers? What did you use to support the insulation from underneath? OSB? When we built my buddies camp (very similar to yours so far) we used ISO ridgid insulation in the floors, the mice won't touch it like they will fiberglass.

Luckily no frozen ground here. I lived in Groton CT for 4 years and got to experience the joys of the ground freezing. Yes, there is some rebar in the piers. OSB with any gaps caulked is supporting the insulation. I plan to also cover the OSB with house wrap later in the process.

/ Camp house Build #20  
The frost here would have a field day with the rough edges of the crete in the hole. Did you put rebar ladders in the piers?

How would you extend the piers above grade? It freezes here and I'm liking the idea of elevating the floor when I build my cabin so would need to extend the piers.