3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #1  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL ,Kubota SVL 75-2
I am building a hunting camp similar to the one in the other thread going right now and have been debating about the floor as I am getting closer to that point, I am considering 3/4 tongue & groove plywood and 3/4 tongue and groove OSB, I am afraid the floor could possibly get rained on a few times before I get it framed and dried in, I will try to cover it as best as I can but 40 x 20 may prove harder to do than I think. My camp is about 100 miles away so I can only work on it on weekends and sometimes it may be 2 or 3 weeks when hay and other things get started, so I would appreciate some opinions from some of you who have experience dealing with both and your opinions on which one is better. Thank's Charlie.

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #3  
I built houses for many years with my dad and brother, Advantech is the best way to go, 100%.

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #4  
X3 on the Advantech ! It holds it shape well when wet...worth the few extra bucks !

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #5  
I am building a hunting camp similar to the one in the other thread going right now and have been debating about the floor as I am getting closer to that point, I am considering 3/4 tongue & groove plywood and 3/4 tongue and groove OSB, I am afraid the floor could possibly get rained on a few times before I get it framed and dried in, I will try to cover it as best as I can but 40 x 20 may prove harder to do than I think. My camp is about 100 miles away so I can only work on it on weekends and sometimes it may be 2 or 3 weeks when hay and other things get started, so I would appreciate some opinions from some of you who have experience dealing with both and your opinions on which one is better. Thank's Charlie.

Absolutely go with Advantech.
It is by far the best option for your project.

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB
Someone told me that the Advantech was not quite a true 4x8 sheet and if I had my joist laid out on 2' centers it would cause me problems, Is that true?

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #7  
No, that is not true. Advantech is 4' x 8' just like OSB or plywood. That being said, I think 16" on center makes a world better floor.

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #8  
#6 "yup" for the Advantech :thumbsup:
It's funny how things sort of reverse, couldn't stand the old OSB when it started showing up on the jobs years ago being used to plywood. Todays plywood seems like wavy horrible junk now, esp for roof & wall sheathing.

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #9  
How does a 4x8 sheet of Advantech currently compare in cost to 3/4" T&G CDX plywood?

/ 3/4 Tongue & Groove plywood or T&G OSB #10  
I think they are pretty close around $30 a sheet