UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA #1  

WALT

Gold Member
Tractor
KUBOTA BX2200, L-39 TLB & RTV X1100C
I am in the process of creating a lawn around my house. In parts of the lawn, I would like the ability to have vehicle traffic, without the assorted ruts, mud etc.
Unilock makes masonry locking blocks for this purpose. As you might think, these are heavy, expensive, and more suited for commercial property.

I am inquiring if anyone knows of a plastic "dry-deck" type material, with 1"-2" holes, that could be rolled out on the ground, and covered with soil & seed. This under mat would distribute the weight of the vehicle. The grass would grow through the top and be mowed like any other lawn.

Any info or help is appreciated.

WALT

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA #2  
I was at a friends home this week and noticed grass in front of his garage. Upon closer examination, it was a concrete tile that was set into the loam and the grass grew threw the small squares. I asked where he got them, and told me the name, which didn't register in my mind, but I do remember they came from Chaplin CT. He showed me a pallet of them and they are about 5" thick and about 12" square with 3" square holes in them. Hard to describe, but they looked great and very practical where you want grass and to be able to drive across it also..

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA #3  
I've seen stone pavers similar to this used for a driveway and grass mixture:

grasspaver.jpg
grasspaver_tyre.jpg

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA #4  
HI...

I saw what you describe on the internet somewhere... maybe this forum !?

If I have time... I'll search the net...

Dave...

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA #7  
Also, try EnkaMat -- this was developed 20-25 years ago by American Enka (a synthetic fiber producer in NC/TN). It was used for football fields, driveways, and drainage ditches. I don't know exactly what has happend since then, but it seems to still be available. One link (found by a google search for enkamat is here. One reference for EnkaMat

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA #8  
The link that TheKid provided is the product I was thinking about. I've never seen it in use in person, but I first got literature on it back in the mid-90's, so it's been around for a while.

Not sure how the cost compares to the concrete products, but it seems that installation is easier, and you get a better looking, thicker, more realistic looking lawn with the Grasspave system.

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA
Thanks for your replies. I also posted this question on Lawnsite.com. A product called "Grasspave" comes in rolls, which will work best for my use.
They have a CT. vendor. I'll be calling today.

WALT

/ UNDER MAT FOR LAWN PARKING AREA #10  
Walt,

Can you let us know what the stuff costs? I went to one of the websites and they don't have prices which is frustrating....

Thanks,
Dan