Help Cut TV cable with ditchwitch what to do??

/ Help Cut TV cable with ditchwitch what to do?? #11  
Been there done that. Was tilling up my yard, my daughter told me the cable went out....the light bulb went on and I went to the back yard and sure enoug there was a pretty bright orange cable slighty chewed in two....called the cable guy and they were there in the morning to fix it....serves them right laying a cable three inches below the surface of the ground /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

/ Help Cut TV cable with ditchwitch what to do?? #12  
When the repair of underground cable or wiring is completed and tested for proper function it then needs to be sealed in water proof epoxy. Kits are available with a clear plastic mold to clamp around the repaired area, then the included epoxy is mixed and poured into the mold. After it sets up in a few minutes the cable is ready to be buried again. If the repair is done properly the splice should be reliable for the life of the cable.

I would leave this repair to the professionals. They will probably do the repair and seal it with the epoxy or replace the cable completely.

/ Help Cut TV cable with ditchwitch what to do?? #13  
I needed my cable outlet moved and made longer but the cable company said it would be a couple days and $100 for the service call.

I went to Nations where I'd seen several cable trucks parked during lunch time and offered the first guy I saw $40 cash to do it right now. He said sure, and did a first rate job.

Before you call the cable company, ask around and see if anybody you know has a friend working for the cable company. You might get it done for free.

Good luck,
Eddie